Dr. Isaac Silverman Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Isaac Silverman?

Not my neurologist anymore

Posted on July 26th, 2016

Misdiagnosis could happen to anyone. But here's a tip, Dr Silverman. When you misdiagnose a patient and they end up having a stroke instead of a complex migraine, at least pretend to remember the patient when you meet them again. Utterly rude staff, as well.

Posted on June 28th, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Silverman for several years. But, as of today, that is no longer the case. The only good thing that I can say is that Dr. Silverman is an extremely kind and gentle person. However, it is impossible to get an appointment with him on a prompt basis, get a prescription in a timely manner, even to just get a return phone call from anyone in his office. And don't get me started on his staff. They are RUDE. We could hear them bad-mouthing other patients from the waiting room. The other patients and I were just looking at each other with disbelief. If that were my practice, every one of them would have been fired. His assistant rarely answers her phone, and when she does, she is of no help. If you leave her a voice mail do not expect a call back. Ever. Also, do not hope to have an actual face to face conversation with this Dr. He only looks at his computer screen. And on a last note, I was grossly mis-diagnosed and almost ended up in a very bad way. Thankfully, I decided to ignore his advice, and go elsewhere. Best thing I have ever done.

I recommend him

Posted on June 13th, 2016

Although neurologists are known for poor bedside manner, Dr Isaac Silverman has been very informative, very pleasant with his information, extremely honest in his approach to how he services and treats his patients

Posted on June 9th, 2016

Knowledgable,and effective at time of my stroke. The follow up was less than expected. (not a lot of time spent answering questions.) His office staff seem disorganized, twice losing important paperwork,and not following through with requests for hospital test material

This is a practicing DR.....LOL

Posted on November 19th, 2014

I had to call three times to get someone to call me back, when she did, she didn't have a clue, I needed to talk to the DR as I had questions regarding the TIA's I have been having even after I was in the hospital, almost a week later and still no call.....I have fired him and will search elsewhere for a DR who cares.....SILVERMAN I should have known better.

Not Reccomended

Posted on October 5th, 2014

I was not at all impressed by Dr Silverman. He didn't show much interest in my problem, and continously referred to me as "Mrs" (insert maiden name here); read up on your patients, please! He has a most odd bedside manner, and called me at work to let me know that I may have cancer--the fact that he did that, rather than having me schedule an appointment to see him, absolutely baffles me. Turns out that I don't have cancer--and that I'll never set foot in his office again

Posted on April 9th, 2014

I found Dr Silvermam to be kind and courteous. He answered all my questions, showed me my brain MRI and was honest with his answers. I would recommemd.him to family and friemds ,

Stay Away!

Posted on September 28th, 2012

Stay away, if you are expecting someone to actually help you! He doesn't return calls, follow through, or address his patients concerns. Calls to his office go unanswered except when his answering machine picks up. Seriously, there are many excellent neurologists in the area, do yourself a favor and avoid this one!

Posted on May 10th, 2012

I started to see Dr. Silverman for migraine headaches after my neurologist moved his practic. I have chronic migraine and was on a regimine that works ok. However, he seems to find that annoying, NEVER has anything to offer, does not review my extensive history, suggests meds that I have tried before and is generally unconcerned with trying to help me improve. He does not listen to me as I have new problems that he might be able to help with as they seem neurological. I find my GP remarkably better and has helped with sleep issues and restless legs...sort of the thing that a neurologist should find interesting. He only treats symptoms; never the cause. His office is awful regarding prescription refills. He never asks me to follow up. Worst doc I have ever seen I think.

Posted on February 8th, 2012

Dr Silverman is your best choice for stroke recovery.

Patients Daugher and an executive in the health care industry

Posted on November 3rd, 2009

Dr. Silverman in my opinion is one of the top neurologists in the greater Hartford area. His experience, patient assessment skills, overall medical treatment, patient compassion and patient follow up are exemplary. I highly recommend this amazing physician specifically for any diagnosis of stroke. This is his area of expertise.

Posted on September 12th, 2017