Dermatologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  beware!  |  show details
by scared on Mar 29th, 2014

Beware dr.llarda said I had pre cancer cells and without explaining the results of what I would experience after the freezing of part of my nose forehead, brow and sides of my nose, temple I can only say she had to buy her medical license. I was on fire, thank god their was a cvs a block away, as I needed ice packs for my ride home. I thank god I wasn't alone. Her assistant was the one that explained the blistering scabbing I would have. Needless to say I am scared and can't use any cream as it makes the sites swell and turn red. I am currently using a real Doctor in manhattan which I am very comfortable with ,I will be soon be going for a follow up and exam. Stay away from llarda if you want a real doctor obviously she's not.The only reason she got 1 star is because of it being a requirement .

|  One of the worst ever  |  show details
Mar 19th, 2014

I wish I had research her first before I went through my primary doc'S referral. First appt. had to wait 2 1/2 hours. I asked her to take out a mole that change size in short time for biopsy. She says let's observe first. After that much wasted time waiting, I wasn't going to just take no for an answer. She did a 2 mins extraction then told me to come back in 2 weeks. I asked for first appt and made sure to come 30 mins early. Time comes and she was late 1 hour. They called me to examining room and waited another 30 mins before she finally came. She rushes and just say " sorry for the wait." Dry and horrible bedside manner. That will be my last time in her office.

|  Mole check  |  show details
Nov 19th, 2013

I went for a general check of various moles. She took a biopsy of 3 moles and were the only 3 I made mention of in the visit because they were new. The result of one showed to be a dysplastic nevus meaning atypical mole that has a small chance of becoming malignant . She performed the excision but there were left over edges and needed a larger excision site. I then went to a plastic surgeon for the rest of the excision and now I am left with a large scar. The entire experience was rushed. As soon as I walked into the waiting room it was packed. although I showed up early I wasn't seen for 2 1/2 hours. Since I live nearby I even asked the receptionist if I can just go home and have her call me when my name came up, but I ended up sticking around. When I finally got back into the room the visit was rushed, again she seemed to only focus on the moles I mentioned and instead of taking a good look to determine cancer risk I felt she just hacked away and let the lab determine the result. I cried for weeks after the experience as I will forever be left with the reminder of the visit on my body any time I wear a swimsuit. I am a very reliable person as far as making sure to come back for rechecks and would gladly have returned in order to keep on eye on it instead of the initial biopsy. The moles I mentioned were all normal color, smaller than a pencil head, normal border but were simply just new moles and that is why I mentioned them. Even basic guidelines using the ABCD for melanoma stated these were low concerning moles. My husband also went to see her around the same time and had very similar experience, though fortunately left with only excision marks and no large scars, but with his visit she excised any mole he pointed out without a second thought. I have researched the skills of dermatologists and a skilled dermatologist has usually between a 70-80% accuracy with determining a concerning mole just by looks alone and not by excising every little thing. I feel she crams as many people she can in one day, even if it means you have a unusually long waiting time. It also seems she does not take the time to truly examine and make decisions on moles and simply chooses to remove everything (plus she gets an extra charge for each of those biopsy when there is no extra charge for simply looking). I will never go back and will now be forever cautious about future dermatology visits. I hope this will be useful to whoever goes to Dr Isabella. Please get a second opinion before she takes even the slight nick of you skin. I wish I had sought a second opinion but now I am mentally and physically scarred for life.

|  First time consultation  |  show details
by Eh on Aug 5th, 2013

Wow I came to the office and I had to wait 1 hour and a Half in order to be seeing by the doctor, very small place,very crowd, staff is okay but they need to be more helpfull and friendly. Doctor need to be more kindly, welcoming specially when patients are waiting there for almost two hours. Office space so tight. I don't think I will go back there again.

by Mary Z on Jul 3rd, 2013

I have been using Dr. Illarda for many years. She has always been pleasant and courteous. I can relate to the long wait in the office (just as long as my Ortho appts) but I am always prepared with a book to keep me occupied. I must disagree with the person who said she spends only five minutes. If you have questions, she will stay to answer. If not, yes, your visit will be short. If the wait time is the issue, call before ypu go to see if she is running late so you can schedule accordingly. Also, read the book, One Minute for Myself, it might help you to relax more. As far as overbooking, all doctors and PT offices do it. I travel from long Island to see her, but make a day of it by visiting friends in the neighborhood. Life is too short to be complaining about a good doctor.

|  Misdiagnosed  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2013

I went back several times with different diagnoses as she was "convinced" it was one thing and then another and another. My husband was also misdiagnosed and followed up with another derm. Office is modern and nice looking, she is very nice, but the wait time is horrific. You can expect to wait over an hour with an appointment. People had left when I was there because they were waiting so long, and this happened on a few occasions. I just can't trust her expertise and will not go back.

Mar 9th, 2013

I have never been to see Dr. Ilarda and waited less than 2.5 hours. Never. I only go to her because she takes my insurance. The wait is horrible. She plays movies in the lobby and I have watched entire movies waiting to be seen.

|  Please never go there!  |  show details
by John Dow on Jan 17th, 2013

I went there 4 weeks ago she gave me some medication went to the pharmacy but one of the med the insurance didn't cover. My pharmacy has been trying to reach her but for 4 weeks nothing she never returned there calls or anything. Why are you a doctor when you don't care about your patients! My oppinon is PLEASE NEVER GO HERE CAUSE THIS DOCTOR DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYTHING BELIEVE ME!

|  Crazy Doctor  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2012

I was in her office yesterday and could not believe what I witness.. The dr was yelling and ranting like a maniac at her staff. I almost walked out but didn't only because I needed my refills.. I felt so bad for her staff I found myself apologizing to them for having such a horrible boss. Never going back !!!!!

|  Nice Doctor  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2012

I recently took my son to Dr Ilardo and was rewarded with a very pleasant experience. My son is often difficult when going to a new Dr but Dr Ilardo made him feel comfortable. She had a nice bedside manner. She diagnosed the problem and prescribed medication that alleviated the condition. The fact that she's very attractive may have made a difference with my son. Overall a positive experience.

|  The nastiest doctor I've ever met  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2012

After hearing that my skin condition had gone away and then come right back, she proceeded to yell at me "well that's because you didn't come back in two weeks like I told you to!" Then she looked at my chart and realized I was here two weeks TO THE DAY from when I last came. She just said "oh" and didn't even apologize. Overall, she is VERY snippy and just plain rude. And this was on several occasions, it was not like she was just having one bad day. Her treatments do not work and we will no longer be seeing her.

|  2 hour wait  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2012

I've never been to this inconsiderate doctor without at least a 1 1/2 to 2 hour wait I always go first appointment and she always comes in at least a hour late and not because she's at the hospital. She's a good doctor and helped my husband diagnose his skin cancer and Im forever in her debt as she reminds me, just a real shame there arent many skin Doctors in my area I now go to the city now and Im in and out in 30 min

|  5 minutes with each client? what a shame.  |  show details
May 11th, 2012

waiting time was less then spending with the doctor.Is not about waiting time when you go to see the doctor.When i got there it was 4 people, time she spends with each client average 5 minutes. No hello when she steps in the room nothing , nurse does all the job..I do not recommend this doctor to anybody.

|  Be prepared to wait  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2012

I've been to Dr Ilarda many times and every time I have waited well over two hours to be seen. Today patients had to stand in the waiting room due to lack of seats. It is completely disgraceful. My appointment was for 9:30 and Dr Illarda didn't even arrive to the office until 10:20!! Totally unprofessional and disrespectful to her clients. I will take my business elsewhere and advise everyone else to do the same.

|  THE WORST!!! Stay Away  |  show details
Mar 10th, 2012

When a doctor makes her patients (including elderly people) wait for 3 hours to see her, you can tell how much respect she has for her patients. Dr. Ilarda overbooks everyone every day in every timeslot. Its how she operates. She is so greedy for money that she does'nt care that these people may have other appointments to get to, other more important things to do with their valuable time than sit in her waiting room. When I made the appt, I was fully prepared to wait up to an hour. If its a good dr, then it would be worth it. After 3 hours of my life were wasted, I can tell you it was NOT worth it!! Do yourself a favor & find another dermatologist who actually cares about their patients.

Dec 13th, 2011

excellent clinician.great bedside manner.highly recommend.

Dec 13th, 2011

I highly recommend Dr. Ilarda. She takes care of me as well as my entire family. We all love her.

|  Horrible  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2011

No regard for other people's time as she is always late (over an hour at least), books multiple patients for same time slot.

|  Worth the Wait  |  show details
Jul 21st, 2011

Many people complain about the long wait time, but I have to tell you that it is well worth it. I ususally go on a Saturday so of course the wait will be longer for us working folks. She is right on the money when it comes to giving a diagnosis. I had a problem for a couple of months and had been to two other doctors. As soon as she saw it she knew what it was and treated it perfectly. Many complain that she does not take a long time with her patients - well I guess it depends on what the issue is - there have been times when I see her for 10 minutes and again there are times when my visit is longer. So if you want a great dermatologist make an appointment - but yes you may have to wait - however, they take patients by appointment.

|  TRUST ME, FIND ANOTHER DR.  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2011

SNOB! This office books patients every 5 minutes and dr. comes 2 hrs late like all the time and talks to patients and employees like they are dumb!

|  She has NO respect for her patients  |  show details
Feb 25th, 2011

The regular policy is to overbook appointments, which leads to an average wait time of over an hour. On more than one occasion, I have waited over two hours to see the doctor. Take your business elsewhere. Find yourself a doctor who respects you and your time.

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
Jan 9th, 2011

Was pleasantly surprised with my overall experience. Was expecting a long wait but instead was taken after a reasonable wait - 20 or so minutes. When I got into the room she not only addressed the problem I made an appointment for she also addressed other concerns I had. Something unique was that she offered a skin cancer body scan on the follow up visit n set aside time for it. My skin problem improved immediately after applying the medication she prescribed - what a relief! Dr. Ilarda is not only an excellent dermatologist but very kind and nice. It was a pleasnt experience. I would highly recommend her to anyone - as a matter of fact that is how ifound her and I recommended her to my collegue at work.

|  She is a life saver  |  show details
Oct 23rd, 2010

I went to many dermatologist who were not able to make a diagnosis and she was the only one who did. she put in a lot of effort and time and she saved my life. I would highly recommend her to anyone. her wait time has gotten better!!

|  Unreal...  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2010

I make an appt to this see this MD as a friend referral... WHAT A DISAPPOINTMNENT! Obviously, she overbooks to meet the financial aspect of a "good doctor" when in turn, you wait, get greeted very un professionaly, with much distaste, only concerend with her own opinion, doesnt spend very much time - as the waiting area will show, and in actuality -- RUDE! I would NOT refer this physician to anyone -- BEST BET - find a doctor WHO ACTUALY CARES about what they do! disgraceful!

|  Horrible Doctor...Horrible Visit  |  show details
Jul 21st, 2010

The wait to see her is an eternity and with no apologies. The staff is unfriendly and unprofessional. I'm not sure how she received her license to practice. It's unethical as she overbooks to ensure she's raking in a large amount of dough and judging by the looks of the waiting room, I'd say she's very wealthy. Lots of angry patients. When you do finally get to see her, she'll spend all of 5-7 minutes with you. It's ridiculous.

|  NOT WORTH THE WAIT, DOESNT GO THE EXTRA STEP  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2009

She doesnt NOT go the extra step and you wait forever to be seen. protect yourself and stay away from AWFUL HEALTHCARE.

Sep 21st, 2009

Waiting time was long but that is because she is very thorough with her patients. This doctor goes the extra step. She is worth the wait.

Sep 3rd, 2009

STAY FAR AWAY

|  Long wait for a disappinting visit  |  show details
Jul 24th, 2009

As with any dermatologist I was expecting a full examination and thourough visit and to have my concerns adressed. Instead, after a 2 hour wait, without appologies, I had a 10 minute visit. I was brought into the room by the assistant , who explained to me that I would only have ONE problem adressed during THIS visit.(after waiting 2 hours)I had 3 things I wanted to check out.Now I was asked at this point which ONE of the conerns I would like to have 'checked' today. This was so the Dr. could 'focus on one thing'. Now that's funny because what if I had an undiagnosed cancerous mole, but chose to have my acne checked out, would that be MY fault because the doctor did'nt check it during a proper full 1st exam, or MY fault, because I didn't have the knowledge that what I have is cancerous? AHH, I guess that would be MY fault because the assistant left it up to ME as to what NEEDS to be checked.When I finally met the Dr., there was no introduction or handshake. No, there was just a fake smile and "why are you here"? She has no bedside manner and does'nt properly explain my condition to me. And when I asked to better understand she again, just gave me my symptoms and what medication to use. Now i guess she must be used to her patients shutting up and just doing what she says, but as for me I like to understand 1. what I have 2. what my treatment options are 3. what would be best for ME.She was only concerned with her own opinion and no interest in patient feelings. Oh and to top it off, she made a few sly remarks about my personal life. She had asked me why I had moved here to nyc and when I told her to be with my partner, she had the audactity to respond with, "UGGhhhh".Also instead of ending the appointment with a proper goodbye, she concluded with a snotty remark reguading our new president and healthcare.I am a first and last-time patient of hers.

|  Great doctor  |  show details
May 13th, 2009

As long as you don't mind waiting.. It's worth it

|  Best Doctor  |  show details
Feb 25th, 2009

This doctor is just excellent. She knows her stuff, and has a great bed side manner. Shes friendly and this is what matters. I recommend her HIGHLY. If only I didnt have to wait so long to see her!!