Surgeons
1470 Madison Ave
3rd Floor
New York, NY 10029
212-241-6756
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Tumor  |  show details
by Henry C. on Apr 25th, 2014

Her bedside manner was great. She answered my questions. I really appreciate what she did for me.

|  Saving my life♡  |  show details
by kelley w on Jan 2nd, 2014

I am so grateful to have been blessed with such a caring, compassionate and extremely talented Doctor! She is honest with you but positive. I would never go anywhere else if this comes back...I will be right back there telling her to do her magic♡ I can not express my gratitude enough... and to all the doctors, nurses and her wonderfully upbeat Linda:) Thank you all and bless you♡ xoxo

|  Registered Nurse  |  show details
by Karen Lyn-Clarke on Dec 12th, 2013

Dr. Germano is a wonderful woman first of all, a knowledgeable doctor, and a world class physician/ surgeon. I owe her my life, and I thank her for being so compassionate and understanding. As a young woman, receiving the news that I had a brain tumor that required surgery was the hardest time in my life. I cannot thank her enough for her professionalism and expertise. Dr. Germano operated on my brain on October 22, 2013. Her hands are gifted; you can barely see the scar at the surgical site. I am almost 100% back to normal, running, jogging, back to work in 2 weeks, and most importantly living my life. I highly recommend Dr. Germano. I thank God for her.

|  Glioblastoma Patient  |  show details
by Edward M. on Oct 29th, 2013

I was originally diagnosed with brain cancer (07/2011) at an emergency room on Long Island, and was scheduled for surgery with their head of neurosurgery the following day. I was informed I would have loss of motion on my left side and would need months of rehab to be mobile again (best case scenario, worst case I would be stuck in bed for the rest of my life). My son was referred by a friend to speak with Dr. Germano before proceeding forward, while I was being prepped for surgery at the hospital in Long Island he was meeting with her to review my MRI cd. I do not know where to begin... Dr. Germano upon viewing the MRI stated that I would be eating myself the night of the surgery and be up and walking the following day (Completely different from the first neurosurgeons opinion). She agreed to do the surgery the following morning and arrange for my transport between hospitals. True to her word and her talent I was eating that night and up walking the following day. Fast forward two years, I thank Dr. Germano every day I am blessed to spend with my family... I can not find the words to thank her enough!! I would not hesitate one second to recommend anyone to this amazing surgeon.

Oct 9th, 2013

When I came to see you for my glioblastoma your qualification and reputation were obvious, but what I found was much more than that. With the visit I felt instantly secure not like at home where I was told that my cancer was too advanced to treat. Sorry it took me 3 years to write this! Thank you Dr. Germano.

|  IT Manager  |  show details
by M Weinmann on Oct 8th, 2013

Dr. Germano is truly one of the most exceptional physicians I have ever met. her dedication of time to listen to my issues, as well as a follow up call from herself to find out how I was feeling was something I rarely experienced with any other healthcare provider. Not only was Dr. Germano dedicated, so was her staff, they were polite, understanding and not rushed. All staff explained steps involved in my recovery, I was kept abreast of everything. they explained my medication instructions very clearly including any side effects and actions I should take in the event of side effects. Thank You Dr. Germano and your team to getting me back up and running in no time!

|  Amazing skill!  |  show details
Oct 6th, 2013

Dr. Germano, the surgery you performed on me has made a great difference on my level of functioning and quality of life. Your compassion and skills will always be remembered. My heart if filled with gratitude for your care to me and the time you and your team spent with me and my family navigating through my illness. I am very blessed to have you as my surgeon. Thank you for your amazing work!

|  Amazing skills!  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2013

Dr. Germano, the surgery you performed on me has made a great difference in my level of functioning and quality of life. Your compassion and skills will always be remembered. My heart if filled with gratitude for your care to me and the time you and your team spent with me and my family navigating through my illness. I am very blessed to have you as my surgeon. Thank you for your amazing work!

by Josh B on Oct 5th, 2013

World class physician, caring, attentive to details, actually listens to her patients. I live in Florida now and would get on a plane for an appointment with Dr. Germano as there is no one else I would want to see.

|  horrible  |  show details
Jul 17th, 2012

Would never recommend this doctor....

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your comment. I take patient feedback seriously and am sorry for how you feel. I do not know what led you to write this, however please feel free to give me a call and I will do my best to address your concerns.

Jul 14th, 2010

This Doctor/Neurosurgeon is one of the best in the USA & affiliated with MT.Sinai Medical center which is VERY GOOD !!

|  A truly gifted and talented surgeon  |  show details
by Jo-Ann Freda, Orange CT on May 10th, 2010

I highly recommend Dr. Germano..she truly was an angel sent to care for my daughter. Her expertise with my daughters condition, as well as her patience and understanding (being my daughter was a teen) was incredible. She was thorough and most importantly so far ahead with her diagnosis and treatment then any other brain surgeon we spoke with. My daughter is in excellent health now and only thanks to Dr. Germano!

|  The Best  |  show details
by Tom Barry on Jun 2nd, 2008

Dr Germano performed my GBM resection in January 2008.... she has been a compassionate and dedicated expert from the beginning, and with the rest of my GBM team at Mount Sinai, first-rate.... it has never occurred to me to seek treatment elsewhere.