Internists

4801 Lang Ave NE
Ste 110
Albuquerque, NM 87109
888-826-8038
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

|  Excellent  |  show details
by M.smith on Feb 6th, 2014

I was treated well by dr mawas when I was hospitalized, he was thoughtfull and thorough, he updated me everyday with my condition , I am really great full for his great management .

Apr 15th, 2011

Dr. Mawas was my father's doctor in the hospital. My father was admitted in critical condition with pneumonia. I could not get Dr. Mawas to come to speak to us most of the time. He also would not return phone calls. I had to beg him to give my father some nutrition since he could not eat normally. My father continually asked for food, but He did not get any nutrition for 4 days. Finally a feeding tube was put in that we had requested several days previous. Mawas discharged him shortly after that without informing the family. We knew he was in no condition to be moved and disputed the discharge. The doctor did still not come at that point but a caseworker showed up who agreed he could not leave yet. My father was 90 years old but he did not deserve to be treated that way. He died a few days after Mawas thought he should be moved to a rehab facility. It is hard to understand how a doctor can be so callous with a family that was be dealing with a dying family member.

Aug 9th, 2010

I dealt with mr mawas at lovelace hospital. He was my dads hospitalist. He was very unsure of everything he told us and changed it everyday. Mr Mawas sent in the nurse coordinator and had her acuse me of recording our conversations which was a false accusation on his part. I think he is a horrible hospitalist who is very unsure of himself and his ability to diagnose a person with a illness. He is also very hard to understand because of his thick accent. Mawas will never give you a straight answer so if you want honesty and professionalism he is not the dr. for you. If your wondering why i will not refer to him as dr. because in my opinion he is far from a dr.

Dec 12th, 2008

Dr. Isam Mawas is a great doctor. I have never met such a caring and responsible person. He treats every one with a high level of respect and honesty. You will never regret meeting him. Dr. Mawas is the best.