Dr. Ismene Zois MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 28th, 2016
Best Doctor in 77008
I have never had a doctor who spends so much time with me during my visit. Dr Zios really cares about her patients. I feel like she is really there to take care of you! She never rushes and will get to the bottom of your problems. I love her!!

September 28th, 2015
In my opinion Dr zois is the best in Tx she talks to me and tells me what I need , and her advice is always worth listening to thumbs up to Dr zois I thank GOD FOR bringing her to me!!!!

September 21st, 2015
Stay away if it more than a cold
As a BCBS Primary Care doc, she refused to work with us to get my husband into a cancer center to adequately treat a serious metastatic cancer. She initially said no, (evidently too much effort) go somewhere else, but we pressed her because setting up with a new Primary Care doc would delay treatment. We even did most of the work by finding a specialist and collecting medical records. It was out of network, we were told the chance of approval was good due to lack a comprehensive cancer center in network locally. When we showed up with everything she needed, she finally agreed to help us. It has been almost impossible to deal with her phone lines busy for hours, not returning calls. We spoke to an in-network oncologist as a back up. She got wind of it and pulled the plug on our original request, an hour before it might have been approved.

January 20th, 2015
Amazing Doctor!
She has been our family doctor for 12 years and counting! This is one doctor who truly loves her patients and you can tell that she is driven by her passion for her profession and not by the money. She once saw my mother who had no insurance and no money at the time to pay for the visit. She allowed her to pay on her next pay check! I mean, what doctor does that?! I highly recommend her. We love her and you will too. Oh, she also takes a genuine interest in her patients and takes her time listening to their concerns.

January 16th, 2015
Been with Dr. Z for over 12 years now. I will never replace her!

August 11th, 2014
Best Doctor in the Houston Heights
I have been a patient of doctor Zois since I was a teen. She is my family's family doctor. She always make sure her patients have her undevided attention. She is wise, friendly and she always makes sure you walk out of therd with some type of resolution to your illness. Her patients are always #1 to her, and her team is the best as well.

August 9th, 2012
Beatrice
I would highly recommend Dr.Zois to family and friends.My experiences there have truly been a blessing. Dr. Zois is very caring,very Knowledgeable,and has a lot of patience, really listens and doesn't make you feel rushed. Her office staff (everyone of them)there is awesome, very helpful and have very pleasant personalities/attitudes.Its nice to have a doctor & staff that make you feel cared for when your feeling sick or just under the weather!I'm SO THANKFUL and appreciate the care given!

May 22nd, 2012
Wouldn't recommend.
I had my care transferred to Dr. Zois as she reviewed my file and said that she would be willing to take on and help me treat a particular condition. After I (and my insurance) paid her for two office visits and I called with a question about my treatment progress, her office told me that she actually cannot help me with that condition and despite her license, does not have the license to do so. This is extremely discouraging, and disingenuous, as I was told the week before that if I called the next week, they would be glad to help me with it.The office is also very poorly-run. In the bathroom, there is a framed sign asking that all soiled toilet paper be deposited into an (overflowing) wastebasket, rather than flushed, and both times that I saw the doctor, the biohazard bins in the exam rooms were overflowing. The medical equipment also made it impossible for the nurse/MA to take my vital statistics; they ended up asking me to guess at my weight.Additionally, at my first visit, to establish care, I waited over ninety minutes (more than the alloted lunch hour I'd taken from work) to see the doctor, even though patients with appointments after mine were seen before me. At my second visit, I waited forty-five minutes past my scheduled appointment time.

October 12th, 2011
Great doctor!
Dr. Zois has been treating me since 2005. I have gone to other doctors but always come back to her. The only complaint I have ever had about her is the wait time in to see her. But I know when I get back there to visit with her she will spend the time with me that is necessary. I do wish that if you call for an appointment and arrive on time that would be taken into consideration when getting you to the back.

September 20th, 2011
Old Fashion Care from a great Dr
ive been seeing zois for awhile and would never change. i live 30 min away now but still love goiing to her. shes honest and looks out for her patients in so many ways and gives you options to what fits you instead of just saying u have to do this!!! always aware of your situation with money and does what ever she can. wait time is long but thats because she takes hertime with ever one and even walks u to the front desk. no insurance no problem and still affordable even with labs. they always call with results and dont have to go in for results and pay for it like some places. if she can help you she wiill send u somewere that can like endocrine and specialist. and they dont take a lunch just work threw the day!!!!!! so down to earth and listens to every thing u say and takes it into consideration when diagnosing u. im about to go to her brother in law for a cyst problem so i hope hes as good as she is

October 14th, 2009
We have been seeing Dr. Zois since 1997 - I consider her family.

August 15th, 2008
Great family doctor
Dr. Zois is wonderful. She's informed, astute, willing to prescribe medicine to help with a problem, and best of all, she's accurate.