Overall Review

3.4

October 14th, 2016
Great dermatologist
I had my follow up appointment with Dr. Eckman today for a fingernail issue that 3 other dermatologists that I have gone to in the past were not able to treat. Dr. Eckman was very thorough during the initial consultation and had prescribed me medication for my fingernail. My fingernail is looking much better since applying the medication. I wish I had found Dr. Eckman sooner. During my initial consultation, he also noticed a possible sun spot behind my ear that he was concerned about so he took a culture of it along with my fingernail which both came back negative. The staff at Dr. Eckman's office are friendly. I had no wait time during my two visits so far. I did not feel rushed out of the doctor's office but rather Dr. Eckman listens to your issues and welcomes any concerns you may have. I highly recommend Dr. Eckman of Long Island Dermatology.

August 6th, 2015
Not the friendlyist of doctors. Straight to the point which is fine. Problem was he did not explain all the side effects of the medication that could of had serious problems with my pregnancy. Although I was not pregnant at the time I saw him, as a married women (or just a woman in general) who could have gotten pregnant at anytime during his treatment, I did and was not told that the medication I was on could cause birth defects. When I casually noted that I was pregnant during the next follow up appointment, he then informed me that pregnant women should not be on this acne medication. He knew I had another child at home and asked how old he was and I replied that he was one. The doctor then looked down at his notes and raised an eyebrow and said under is breath wow as if to imply that I was having my children too closely together. So rude. I did not have any problems with him before. Like I said, he is very straight to the point, which is fine. But because of this incident I will not see him again.

July 11th, 2015
Great service
I have been followed by Dr. Eckman for the last seven years. As a young adult I had a number of concerns regarding my skin and needed education regarding skin care. From the first visit I was impressed by the staff and minimal wait time. Dr. Eckman is very patient with explaining information, reviewing medical history and providing several options that best meet the patients needs. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who is looking for a professional, skilled dermatologist.

June 3rd, 2015
I have been a patient of Dr. Eckman's for a few years now, The Patient First in White Marsh had recommended him to me and I am ever so thankful. I have almost always been able to get an appt. the same day or the following day. He and his staff are very pleasant and the office runs like clockwork. As someone who has had to regularly see a Dermatologist over the last 10 years and has been to quite a few Dermatologists in the Baltimore area due to insurance coverage - I must also comment on how clean the exam rooms are, they are immaculate. The office runs so smoothly there that it makes me wonder what other Dr. offices are doing wrong. As I said before the office runs like clockwork and it is like that every time I have ever been there. I highly recommend Dr. Israel Eckman to anyone that is in need of a Dermatologist in the Baltimore/Towson area. Thanks, Barbara (Parkville)

May 6th, 2015
Very Happy
I was not having success with other dermatologist - they all just seemed to say OK here's a cream/ topical and good luck! So a friend referred me to Dr. Eckman. When I called I literally got an appointment the next day! Amazing. When I met with him, he looked at my skin and same day sent me right over to Lonnie. Apparently I have Milias. Which no other doctor even mentioned! And they cannot be removed with out procedure. He sent me over to get started on the procedure THAT day! I am so relieved to know my problem is figured out - AND he took action right away to make sure i get this cleared up quickly. Just relieved and thankful. He is awesome.

December 18th, 2014
The doctor didn't order the prescription, and told me to come back for another appointment

September 14th, 2014
Very thorough Dermatologist
I have been going to Dr. Eckman for years, and he is very thorough. He looks at all of my moles and freckles and excises all that look suspicious. He has caught precancerous cells several times over the years. I have complete trust in his abilities.

August 21st, 2014
Senior Supervisory Nurse
Dr. Eckman was thoughtful and well informed about my care. His staff were courteous and friendly. Dr. Eckman was able to provide me with great care and I am glad that I made the decision to choose him as my provider.

June 13th, 2014
Thanks Dr Eckman for spotting three instances of Basel cell over the past ten years. Gives me a thorough scanning and explains what the various lumps are. Will continue to use and recommend.

April 17th, 2014
Patient First in White Marsh, MD referred me to Dr. Eckman and I have been a client of his since then (2-3 years). It is unbelievable that you can call a Dermotologist and get an appointment the same week if not same day. Pleasant staff, nice office, great hours (including late afternoon) and the appointments run on time - AMAZING!! I feel like I hit the Dermotologist jackpot.

February 11th, 2014
Dr. Eckman is the most thorough dermatologist I have been to. He examines every square inch and does not hesitate to send off suspicious looking tissue samples for evaluation. Although a quiet man, he is conscientious and kind. I never feel rushed, he spends time on my visit.

January 28th, 2014
Very professional and thorough
A caring and professional doctor. Prompt with lab results and treatment.