Dr. Israel Hartman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

June 20th, 2016
Horrible doctor. Spends 2 minutes with you and makes you wait up to an hour. I overheard the nurses saying they wanted to go to lunch but that he was just sitting in his office while patients kept waiting. Doesn't care about patients at all and provides poor patient care.

May 12th, 2016
Terrible front desk
The Doctor seems to be OK. But the front desk is the most terrible person. Unprofessional. Very terrible in making appointment. My first appointment was cancel, they were not even call to tell the patient. Second appointment, the day was cancel and they did not bother to call to tell me. I call to confirm appointment a day ahead, the front desk told me I am kidding.. she told me that I have no appointment. But I have their hand written appointment on my hand here. Terrible. Terrible!!!.

January 4th, 2016
will certainly never return
The office is cluttered and ladies in every direction. Long wait in lobby. It was my first visit. He spent maybe 2 mins with me only to tell me to return in a month for an ultrasound... and another month after that.... for him to tell me the results of that ultrasound and then get my TSH level checked... and then again a month later for results of the TSH blood work. Approximately 3 months of office calls to him before we can treat my hypothyroid condition. . Received my insurance receipt for that 1st visit. he charged $425.00 for what he called a 'long first visit." Wow, wonder what he would have charged my insurance if he had actually talked to me or examined me or stayed for over 2 minutes? Came home and looked at his reviews and I could have saved myself all the trouble and my insurance carrier.

October 2nd, 2015
Bad doctor
I liked him ok at first, but as time passed he seemed to care less and less and acted as if it was my fault I have type 2 diabetes. He ordered test that seemed to line his pockets and not help me. His new PA seemed less than qualified. Glad I changed doctors, much happier now and diabetes is much more under control

December 15th, 2014
He made me feel as if I was troubling him with 1-2 questions. On my last visit, I had to stop him from walking out to ask the only question I had, and he gave me a cold, 1 sentence answer while leaving. I decided I wasn't going to see him again after that. Calling his office to refill prescriptions, or even with an emergency at one point took 11 days to get a response and it was faster just to schedule an appointment with a new doctor than wait for him to respond. He would be great for you if you just want to submit your A1-C and have him tell you what to do before leaving.

July 23rd, 2013
I won't be back.
I've been a patient for just over a year - thyroid issues. His diagnosis was infact correct - I'll give him that. After being on medication for a year he haad me return for another sonogram. I always had a very long wait in the exam room to see him.He was in the room maybe 10 minutes - this included doing the sonogram. His "discussion" was to inform me there were no changes to my thyroid and come back in 6 months. When I mentioned having some typical hypothyroid symptoms he told me to go see mt PC and he could give me medication for it. He totally brushed me off and would not even entertain the idea of discussing my health care issues with me. I was in no way trying to question him, I was only being an involved patient. His bedside manner is deplorable! I don't care how many degrees he may have or how many advisory boards he be on, he should not be practicing medicine. I won't be back!

November 27th, 2012
I like the fact that he takes the time to explain what is going on medically and how to help our situation natuarally first then with meds second. I have been a patient for many years and have been very satified.

November 12th, 2012
Highly Recommended
I would, and I have, recommended Dr. Hartman to friends and family.

October 18th, 2012
never again
He is cold like a stone! He just doesn't care at all. Beware to go with a good insurance there. You could end up with high cost treatment without a need of this. If he says you probably have cancer, go let it check somewhere else again!

January 26th, 2012
Knows what he is doing!
I've been seeing Dr. Hartman for a long time for thyroid... he's always taken care of me. After being bounced around on my meds he stopped them so we can start over basically. After that... I'm doing remarkably well. I've had a few biopsies, two or three, and the wait time for the results is three weeks. It's always been that. At my recent biopsy I asked one of the girls why (a NURSE not a receptionist) and she said it's the company they work with. They have to send the results FED EX to another state. She said sometimes they get them back sooner and sometimes they actually don't get the results right before the appointment. This all depends on how many they send the company and how busy the company is. She said if they are suspicious for cancer they would NEVER leave you hanging and would call you!!! As long as I've been going here he wants me to follow up to go over my results to make sure I understand what's going on... I don't mind that. I've never had to wait long and since it's just Dr. Hartman and no NP or PA now the wait time is a lot shorter. Nurses are always smiling and helpful with me... And even though he rushes, I'm on the right meds and I'm regulated...I'm happy with my care. I WOULD recommend him to anyone... He knows his stuff.

October 24th, 2011
Don't Go Here
This doctor has the personality of a brick wall. The office does not return your calls. He did a biopsy on my thyroid and I had to wait three weeks to get results, not because it takes three weeks but because they will not give you any information on the phone and that was his next appointment time. When they called to confirm my appointment I asked them if my results were back and she said Oh it just takes a few day's they have been back for a while. It is real frustrating seeing on the internet that everyone else has nurses and doctors that will call you and let you know you are ok, this doctor would rather torture you for three weeks because he simply does not care. Please don't go here there are many more doctors out there if you have to drive to see a different one its going to be worth the drive. I wish I would have read the reviews on this doctor first. I will know better next time.

April 11th, 2011
I had been to 3 doctors dealing with thyroid issues. He was the first and only to say "this is what it is, and this is what were going to do" I had a golfball size tumor in my thyroid gland..he was able to diagnose, maintain, and shrink the nodule with med and constant follow up visits. Love him!