Dr. Issa Eshima MD Patient Reviews

4.7

December 5th, 2016
Letter I sent to Dr. Eshima
Dear Dr. Eshima, I want to thank you for what you have given me. It’s important to me that you know how deeply you have affected my life. Thank you for being the surgeon and artist that you are. I can’t begin to imagine the time and dedication that it takes for someone to perfect their craft to the degree that you have. It is obvious that you are passionate about what you do. You leave no stone unturned in your efforts to achieve the absolute best outcome for your patients. Your attention to detail, from the first consultation through the surgery and the aftercare, is beyond impressive. I wish every physician had your standard of excellence. If that were the case I would never have an issue with going to a doctor. Just as you predicted, I am beyond thrilled with my results. But you have given me so much more than “a beautiful face.” You opened a door for me that has allowed me to change my world. I have always had insecurities that I struggled to overcome. It was rare for me to feel that I measured up to whatever it was that I saw in others. I was very critical of myself and worked continuously to improve myself, including physically, emotionally and spiritually. I know that I made tremendous strides in my emotional growth and spiritual understanding; however, the way that I saw myself physically aging undermined my ability to enjoy life with abandon. So, as I got older, instead of feeling free to be who I have come to be, I became more self-conscious and more intimidated, which had a huge impact on how I saw and experienced my world. I can’t thank you enough for what you have given me. What you did for me gave me the opportunity to remove a huge emotional barrier that had held me back from experiencing my best life. I am still emerging from this physical and emotional transformation and I feel wonderful! I love the way I look and feel. I no longer feel self-conscious or intimidated. I appreciate myself, where I have been, and how far I have come. I have a renewed sense of my own self-worth and I want, more than ever, to take good care of myself and enjoy as many years on this earth as I possibly can. I now look forward to going out and being around people, and I have become a little more outgoing! I’m not sure my words can actually relay to you my deep appreciation for your extremely important part in my transformation. So, again, thank you Dr. Eshima. Thank you for what you do and for what you give. Thank you for what you did for me and for giving me the opportunity to appreciate my whole self. You just can’t imagine what a difference your gifts have made in my life. P.S. Thank you so much for spending so much time with my daughter. We both appreciate your honesty and your concern for what is best for her at this time. I have no doubt that you will be seeing her in the future!

June 23rd, 2016
My best birthday present ever!!!
This was my best birthday present ever! About ten months prior to my 60th birthday I travelled half around the world to meet Dr. Eshima in San Francisco. I was considering to have my first plastic surgery ever and he was highly recommended by a very good friend of mine. I had visited a couple of plastic surgeons in Zurich, Switzerland, where I live, but I did not feel 100% confident with either of them. The fact that Dr. Eshima works only on faces gave me a great deal of confidence. Many doctors do liposuctions, belly tucks, breast implants and.... faces, among other surgeries; this is not the case with Dr. Eshima. During my conversation with Dr. Eshima I felt at ease and very self-assured. I appreciated his approach and demeanor. While we were talking he looked at my face with the discretion and respect typical of a Japanese person (which he is) but with the experienced eye of the superb surgeon he certainly is. I never felt scrutinized nor dissected. Nonetheless, at the end of the conversation he knew exactly the weak points on my face. He recommended a face lift to correct my double chin and sagging cheeks, eye lids surgery to fix my "sad" look and an upper lip shortening to recover my youthful mouth. Dr. Eshima explained the procedure in a clear and precise manner. Back home I spoke with my husband about the surgery and my impression about Dr. Eshima. While in Zurich I had a couple of skype phone calls with Dr. Eshima and at one point in time my husband, who was very concerned about the prospect of the surgery, spoke with Dr. Eshima who explained to my husband the whole procedure citing the risks and expected results. I scheduled the date for the intervention and I flew back to San Francisco, arriving one week prior to the surgery and I stayed an additional two and a half weeks for post operatory check-ups and recovery. I had my procedure done just two months before my 60th birthday and, as I said, it was my best birthday present ever! I feel now like a 45-year old! I feel refreshed and very confident. I'm noticed again and that's great, especially at 60! I'm fortunate enough to have a loving husband who has always been very sweet and gallant but now he praises my looks even more often. He recently told me that he feels the pressure now that I look so much younger! I will not minimize the fact that the recovery process was much tougher than expected but it was worth it. Dr. Eshima brought my eyes back to their original size and shape, I love my clear jaw line and my mouth looks fresher and fuller although no fillers were used. The look is absolutely natural. One of the best compliments I have received came from my dermatologist who had always told me that she would never let anyone touch her face but, after she saw the result of my intervention, she asked me for Dr. Eshima's phone number and even told me that she felt like calling him to let him know what a good job he had done. This report will not be complete without mentioning Dr. Eshima's outstanding staff: Magaly, with a doctorate as a nurse herself, was amazing; she called me every single day and even came to see me on a Sunday. Cathy was also very professional, nice and attentive. My nurse Mary Kay was superb. If you are planning to use the service of Dr. Eshima make sure that you book Mary Kay ahead of time. After my return to Zurich I continued skyping with Dr. Eshima. I really appreciated this option as I was so far away and unable to see him and ask questions that I might have concerning the recovery process. Now I find myself doing some selfies and sharing my pictures with friends and family members, something that I had not done for many, many years. Thank you Dr. Eshima!

June 7th, 2016
Happy client
Dr Eshima is an amazing doctor. I had a eye job done by him a few years back and then went to him later for a mid face lift. It is now 5 months after my mid face lift and I look at least 10 years younger and am so happy I did it. He is worth every penny. This is your face and he only works on faces. He is not your typical do everything surgeon. I recently went to a wedding and everyone thought I looked great, no one had any idea that i had any work done. I went back to work two weeks after surgery, if I could have taken a month of I would have. Mary Kay was a private nurse that stayed with me the night in the hospital, she was very nice and all the office staff is wonderful as well. I would never consider going to anyone, but Dr. Eshima. Go to the best of the best.

May 10th, 2016
RN
I have been a nurse for over 25 years and during that time, I picked up a second job, while working in the ICU at CPMC, in the recovery room at Mount Zion. It was at that time, almost 20 years ago, that I learned of Dr Eshima. He had a steady stream of "socialites" coming through and I knew he had to be someone special. I was in my early 30s at the time and not in need of cosmetic surgery, but his name was firmly planted in my mind as the one to go to. Fast forward two kids and almost two decades later, having now changed fields entirely and practicing medical aesthetics for almost 10 years, it was time! I developed a keen eye for the study of the aging face during my medical aesthetics training and at some point realized the fillers, Botox and lasers were just not enough. Gravity had taken ahold of my face and neck, coupled with a loss of elasticity and in order to keep an aesthetically natural appearance, surgery was in order. I called Dr Eshima. During the consultation, Dr Eshima evaluated my face, stated I was a bit early, but that I had a good eye when I pointed out the things that bothered me. He also pointed out that I would benefit from a lip shortening procedure and I knew instantly, that he was right. Because of my background in aesthetics, I know that being "long in the lip" is a very aging characteristic and that our eye does not always know specifically why someone looks old, but that this is one of those major indicators. If at rest, we part our lips slightly and cannot see the bottom tips of our top teeth, we are considered "long in the lip". In spite of Dr Eshima telling me to get at least 5 other consultations, I knew there was no other. Dr Eshima is world renown for his lip shortening procedure because of his meticulousness and art of suturing. It is three layers of intricate specialized knots, where he takes the time to make sure the looped knots are under the suture line, so there is absolutely no tension on the incision, ensuring minimal scaring. He also has a skillful ability to tuck and hide the scars, so they are virtually undetectable, creating a very natural, but refreshed look. Dr Eshima has treated wealthy people from all corners of the world, including Paris, Geneva, Dubai, Australia and the list goes on... He has worked on academy award winning actors/actresses, famous models and even royalty. We never discussed names, but because I know what to look for, I can guess with some certainty who these celebrities are. With over 27 years of experience and over 14,000 procedures, I was in a perpetual state of excitement that he was going to be my surgeon. I had my surgery in Feb, 2016 and my life has been renewed! He took years off my face and I tell everyone it has been the best antidepressant I've ever had. Now when I look in the mirror, I more closely match how I feel and I am no longer brought down by my saggy wrinkly skin. I know if I only had the lower face and neck lift, without addressing the lip shortening issue, my surgery would not have been as successful. It is amazing the difference that small, but very key feature makes in making me look younger. Absolutely no sign of a scar, as it is tucked very carefully in the natural fold at the base of the nose. I literally was able to go to lunch with my husband, on day six, when my drains were pulled, without anyone noticing the sutures under my nose! I cannot say enough about Dr Eshima and his entire staff. His practice is like a finely tuned machine and it runs like clockwork. He may be more expensive than most plastic surgeons in the area, but you get what you pay for and it isn't something I would want to chance with a bargain basement deal! Thank you, Dr Eshima, you are a master of your craft!!!

April 28th, 2016
AS good as it gets
Dr Eshima and his team (Cathy & Magali) are as good as it gets. They are all caring and professional. They make sure that you understand everything pre and post-op. They call you every day (several times post-op) to make sure that you are progressing as you should be and make sure to answer any questions you might have. I am now 6 months post surgery and no one knows what I had done, but everyone compliments me on looking so well and refreshed. The ones who know all agree that I look 10 years younger...That was my goal. To have subtle changes, not drastic ones. I couldn't be more pleased with the results of my surgery and highly recommend Dr. Eshima and his skilled hands.

March 28th, 2016
This is a long overdue review due to my procrastination. In 1997 I had a face/neck lift, endoscopic brow lift. Since then I've seen Dr Eshima twice over the years for consultation on whether he thought any more work should be done. His verdict, None. I look great! Hardly any different from years ago. Dr Eshima is an outstanding artist-surgeon. If you want a natural beautiful flawless result that will take and keep years off your face, this is the surgeon who will do that. He is the best of the best and a gift to his patients because of his fine unmatchable skills. He is non-intimidating, warm, easy to converse with and gives you thorough answers to any of your questions. The care you receive is impeccable. If you can give yourself this gift, do it. He is one of the greats.

January 31st, 2016
Dr. Eshima is the best of the best !!

January 19th, 2016
THE BEST
Dr. Eshima and his wonderful team are exceptional is every aspect. Over ten years ago, I was given Dr. E's name from a family friend who had gone to him. I was amazed at how wonderful she looked. Hmmmm....if I ever consider having "work done", this is the doctor I would go to. When I began considering a procedure, I did my research. The reviews confirmed my strong faith that he was one of the best in his field. I was so lucky to live near San Francisco so that was a bonus! I scheduled the initial consultation and of course, Dr. E encouraged me to meet with other doctors before making my decision. This concept was not even on my agenda! He was "the chosen one". And, how ecstatic I am with the results. I am 9 months post surgery. I emphasized that "less was more" as I did not want in any way to look like I had "work done". The family members and friend that "know I had a procedure" are AMAZED at how I look. What is also critical to note is how well you are taken care of by his staff from the minute you walk into his office for the first consultation to ... well, they really emphasize if you have any issues/concerns even after your last appointment to call and they will always be there for you. All of can say is THANK YOU to Dr. E and his staff. Your commitment, dedication, expertise, friendliness and warmth were truly appreciated. jba

December 2nd, 2015
Highly Skilled, Artistic, Passionate and Personable
I was referred to Dr. Eshima by my Stanford trained dermatologist who sees surgery results from a wide range of plastic surgeons. She told me flat out that Dr. Eshima is the best. Dr. Eshima doesn’t advertise nor does he have a web presence. All of his patients are from professional referrals, client referrals and estheticians. He has practiced over 25 years and he specializes only in the neck up. During his tenure, Dr. Eshima has performed 1000s of procedures. He’s so passionate about his work that he rarely takes vacations. His credentials are top notch and he’s personable, energetic, a clear communicator and a good listener. His patient base is very international and includes models, news professionals and Academy award actress/actors; and he/staff are very discrete. His operating facility is located within St. Francis Hospital, San Francisco and his regular surgery team - nurses, anesthesiologist and office staff, etc. - is professional and personable. As proof of his artistic skills, Dr. Eshima has 1000s of before/after patient photos and his results are very natural and artistic which sold me on the spot. Even though I went to get help with droopy Asian eyes and plan ahead for my neck, I ended up doing it all at once (eyes/alars/lip/lower face/neck) because his photos blew me away. Most photos that I see (including everything available on the net) may make a person look more rested; but not necessary more attractive because something gets out of balance. Dr. Eshima, on the other hand, will suggest small tweaks that will balance out your face and bring back the V of a more youthful look. He’s shows you how he accomplishes this via patient photos and it’s easy to see how small changes can make a huge difference. He doesn’t push things on you and again, his tweaks are subtle. His handiwork and technical approach are bar none and he does not rush his surgeries; i.e., mine was over 7 hours. I have complete faith in him and even went back for Asian rhinoplasty. I travel to/from Hawaii and the results are worth the extra time and expense. His prices give me major sticker shock. But, his handiwork gave me back my cheekbones, youthful eyes (without the deer in the headlight look), a neck from 30 years ago and a more refined nose. My earlobes even came out nicer than before. I had a few small hiccups along my journey and Dr. Eshima never hesitated to fix them. To insure success, bring Dr. Eshima photos from your youth and be clear about your priorities to insure that you are both on the same page. Dr. Eshima and his office staff (Magaly and Kathy) are simply the best.

September 3rd, 2015
Outstanding and beautifying
I researched prior to my visit with Dr. Eshima and was very excited to be accepted as a patient. I knew immediately upon our appt. he was outstanding in knowledge and I had already seen his hands on work. His staff is amazing also in their knowledge, care and comfort giving. I only wish I was younger so that I could have more work done by this great surgeon.

July 8th, 2015
Excellence
Dr. Eshima is excellent! I would recommend him to anyone. He has a penultimate aesthetic, and his work is perfection. He did an upper lip lift on me, to correct an imbalance after an accident--and it made me look years younger, and exquisitely improved the proportion of my face. I am planning on seeing him for future procedures as well. He is the best!

June 30th, 2015
Bright Eyes
Dr. Eshima is totally honest and easy to talk with. He gave me excellent advice by telling me to get contacts and not surgery now. He told me to show my "exceptional" eyes more. When I am ready for an eye lift, Dr. Eshima will be my doctor. He showed me pictures with results of his work and he does turn back the clock in a natural way. Bravo.