A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Issam Awad:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Issam Awad is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Issam Awad, MD, MSC, MA is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 28 areas:
- Arteriovenous Malformations
- Brain Aneurysm
- Brain Arteriovenous Malformation (Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformations)
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Disorder
- Brain Ischemia
- CNS Vascular Tumor (Central Nervous System Cavernous Hemangioma)
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Carotid Stenosis
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Critical Care
- Gamma Knife Surgery (Stereotactic Radiosurgery)
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (Bleeding In The Brain)
- Intracranial Arteriosclerosis
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Pathologic Constriction
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Awad graduated from Loma Linda University. He has 10 awards.
Dr. Awad has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Evanston Hospital
- The University of Chicago Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Awad accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Issam A. Awad practice?
Dr. Issam Awad practices Neurological Surgery, Neurology, Surgery, and Critical Care Medicine near Evanston, IL.
Additional practice locations include: Chicago, IL and Matteson, IL.
See Evanston Surgeons, Evanston Neurologists, and Evanston Anesthesiologists.