A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Issam Awad:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Issam Awad is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Awad
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Awad Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Alzheimer’s Disease (Memory Loss)
Specialties & Research
Dr. Issam Awad, FACS, M.Sc, MA is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 28 areas:
- Arteriovenous Malformations
- Brain Aneurysm
- Brain Arteriovenous Malformation (Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformations)
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Disorder
- Brain Ischemia
- CNS Vascular Tumor (Central Nervous System Cavernous Hemangioma)
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Carotid Stenosis
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Critical Care
- Gamma Knife Surgery (Stereotactic Radiosurgery)
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (Bleeding In The Brain)
- Intracranial Arteriosclerosis
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Pathologic Constriction
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Awad graduated from Loma Linda University. He has 12 awards.
Dr. Awad has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- Evanston Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Issam A Awad FACS, M.Sc, and MA is a male Neurosurgeon, has 31 years of experience and practices in Neurological Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Issam A. Awad practice?
- Dr. Issam Awad has 3 office locations.
Dr. Issam Awad practices Neurological Surgery near Evanston, IL.
Additional practice locations include: Chicago, IL and Highland Park, IL.
See Evanston Surgeons.