Dr. Itakana Roy MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

April 3rd, 2009
The most uncaring doctor I have seen yet
My first son's pediatrician passed away, and we just settled with her because the office directed us to her since she was accepting new patients. Let me begin by saying that she is unpleasant all around. The first time we met, she was real quick, in and out, never smiled, was not friendly. Any questions I asked, I got a very short answer without a detailed explanation. There have been times when she has walked out of the room when I was still talking! She is hard to connect with, hard to communicate with, and she never seemed like she cared about either of my kids. Instead, she saw them because she was socially obligated to at the time.After our second child was born, she gave us misinformation several times that other doctors corrected her on. One example is when my infant had gas, she said we could NOT give him gas drops because there are too many side effects... Really? Like what.. I've never heard that, and after researching extensively, I found that was not true. My newborn was hospitalized, and she told the nurse who was in charge NOT to let either of us accompany him while they were going to stick him with needles to draw blood. I know this because the nurse told us, so my husband did accompany him, needless to say. After she would leave the room, staff at the hospital even commented on how "unfriendly" she is. After that, she has been nothing but rude. She has never been a friendly doctor, has never seemed to care one way or the other about either of our children, and is always quick to get out of the office during a visit.We have found a different pediatrician. If you are looking for one that you can communicate with and who spends adequate time answering your questions in a friendly manner, she is not the one. She may have been in the business for a long time, but she lacks human skills and empathy. There are MANY better pediatricians in the Lubbock area.