A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Iva Smolens:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Iva Smolens is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Iva Smolens, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
Education & Awards
Dr. Smolens graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn.
Dr. Smolens has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Tempe St Luke's Hospital
- Banner Baywood Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Smolens accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 4 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona - 5 plans
- Health Choice Arizona - 2 plans
- SCAN Health Plan - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Phoenix Health Plan - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 7 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 8 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Iva Smolens practice?
Dr. Iva Smolens practices Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Surgery near Chandler, AZ.
Additional practice locations include: Gilbert, AZ and Mesa, AZ.
See Chandler Surgeons.