Dr. Ivan Guerrero MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 22nd, 2012
Can Not Recommend this Doctor
Since 2010, I've been treated for several reoccurring MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) infections and due to the severity of those infections, several doctors at the urgent care clinic strongly urged me to see an infectious disease specialist. After research, I chose Dr. Ivan Guerrero, MD due to his very positive reviews. As a 65 year old, I've been treated by excellent, average, and incompetent doctors and as such, feel I can judge fairly and objectively. Dr. Guerrero was friendly, had an excellent bedside manner, listened intently, and asked the right questions. At the time of the visit, I had had an active MRSA infection, the previously prescribed Bactroban (Mupirocin) Ointment was no longer working, and the infection was spreading. Although a MRSA infection is quite easy to identify visually, Dr. Guerrero wasn't convinced that it was MRSA and wanted it to progress so he could take a culture to positively identify it as MRSA. Having suffered with pain and intense itching for over a month, I was astonished that he wanted me to wait until the infection had advanced to the boil and necrotic tissue stage and was very concerned that it would become a systemic infection that can be life threatening. On top of this, he charged Medicare $350.00 for this appointment! I immediately made an appointment with my new primary physician who instantly diagnosed the infection as MRSA and after learning that I was a chronic sufferer and because of the serious nature of the infection, he put me on a antibiotic for 30 days that was not only effective, but after over 2 months, for the first time in 2 years, I remain MRSA free! When a primary physician can immediately diagnose a MRSA infection, but a doctor board certified in infectious diseases is unable to, that makes me question his competency. As such, I can not recommend this doctor.

March 20th, 2012
excellent dc.

November 16th, 2010
Mixed Emotion
Dr Guerrero is an excellent physician; Im 100 percent comfortable with him and his knowledge. The office staff is often short and abrubt, Dr. Guerrero only has office hours one day a week and only in the morning which makes getting an appointment quite challenging in todays busy world. Patient you will adjust your schedule to see him but you will receive top quality care from him.

September 20th, 2010
I have had my share of dealing with hospitals and ID doctors. I was lucky to be admitted to Baptist South and Dr. Guerrero and Dr. Vindas were my Doctors. I am so impressed with their bedside manner and their experience as doctors. Thank you.

May 2nd, 2017