Dr. Ivan Jacobs MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 11th, 2015
Dr. Jacobs is an excellent eye doctor, Hung right in there with me after a small complication after eye surgery, Would recommend him in a heart beat. He know his stuff.

August 11th, 2015
Does not exude warmth. Does not freely share information regarding procedures. Ask many questions if you want to understand procedures with which the layman is unfamiliar.

June 3rd, 2015
Perfection
I've worn glasses since I was 13 years old and now, at 77 I don't need them anymore!!!! Dr. Jacobs has removed the cataracts and implanted new lenses very recently. Okay, I can no longer say I have 'all my original parts' but these new lenses are a terrific blessing! And to the person who left the first review: I agree, Dr. Jacobs staff are all very helpful, kind, and sincere in their work. A doctor can't have a successful practice without these kinds of staff. Have you been to your regular doctor in the past year? All of them need to keep records while they are examining you and your issues. These instant records are maintained in the doctors files and also to a larger data base - perhaps a hospital's, as my doctor does. No matter what happens to you, anyone seeking immediate information can find it there. Yes - it takes a minute maybe. That's saying the doctor IS paying attention to you. As far as Dr. Jacobs sense of humor .... I am sorry you missed it .... but you have to have one to recognize it. Did you go to be entertained or have a great eye exam as I did?

January 24th, 2013
Excellent Staff, Terrible Doctor
I absolutely love the staff there, they are friendly, accommodating, and great people. Appointments are easily made and the staff always follows up with a patient promptly. However, Dr. Jacobs is so detached and even comes off rude. I understand that information needs to be updated in his computer system, but I felt like computer got more attention then I did. He's incredibly pompous, inconsiderate, and rude. The only reason I catch myself there is for the staff, they are by far the saving grace of this doctor, otherwise, I wouldn't recommend him to anyone.

March 1st, 2012
my experiences with Dr. Jacobs have always been good. No complaints.