Overall Review

October 19th, 2016
Caring and thorough doctor
I was a patient of Dr. Lowenthal for 6 years until I moved. Appointments rarely started on time and it was because of the amount of time that he spent with his patients. He knew them and cared about how things were going with them. I felt very fortunate to have him as my hematologist.

March 8th, 2015
Awesome best doctor around
Great dr #1 in my book caring couldn't have a better one saved me!

February 10th, 2014
Retired
Thanks to dr. Lowenthal My cancer has been under control and he has extended my life . I've had him as my doctor since 2006 when I was diagnosed with lung cancer one tumor wrapped around my aorta and another wrapped around my bronchial tube which was unoperable and is totally gone with treatments he ordered for me.

March 21st, 2013
This man saved my Mom's life when she was diagnosed with large- cell Carcinoma (lung cancer), and was opened up by another doctor in Htfd. and literally given six months to live. Dr. Lowenthal never gave up. Mind you, this was also in 1988 when treatments were a lot less sophisticated. My Mom was gravely ill, and he literally took her back from death's door. My Mom was starting to get better, and Was going to go back to work. Unfortunately, about six mnths after her rounds of Chemo, and surgery due to other complications, Mom got very ill again. Dr. Lowenthal continued to treat her for her other ailments. My Mom could never speak too highly of this man. He was caring, compassionate, knowledgeable, and all that anyone could ever wish for in a physician. My Mom was in remission for over 10 years. Dr. L. treated my Mom again in 2001when she again came down w/ Lung cancer (a small-cell Carcinoma this time). Sadly, she passed away due to an accident. However, Dr. L was diligently treating her cancer. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this doctor. He's one in a million. His office staff also always went out of their way to make patients feel comfortable and welcome.

October 18th, 2009
I was so amazed at this doctor and the total care he gives all his patients is unbelieveable he shows compassion and explains fully what your treatment will be and he is just great.