Dr. Ivan Cohen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ivan Cohen?

April 15th, 2016

should retire

January 1st, 2016

He's a liar, & bi-polar with aggressive mood swings.

He's very clearly a narcissist, and he talks to others as if their very existence is a complete irritation to him. He was pleasant one single time, for about 60 seconds. Beyond that he's been a total jerk with a seriously bad attitude. He doesn't care one bit about the patient and their health or wellbeing. My recent conversation with him- Me to Ivan Cohen: "I think we've lowered my suboxone dose too quickly, I've had diarrhea for 3 weeks straight, I'm constantly pouring sweat but I'm freezing cold, I've been terribly dehydrated from all of this. At times I'm in such severe pain that it's unbearable to move at all, I've barely slept at all for the last 2 weeks, & I'm always nauseas & I can't eat because I just throw up. I've been so depressed, and I don't usually have consistent depression. As you know I work 65+ hours a week, & have a position of serious responsibility. It's really starting to affect me at work, & I've missed days because of all this. The CEO has called me into his office 4 times in 3 weeks, wondering what is going on with me lately. My job is in jeopardy, and I need and like my job. It's not just a job, it's my career. Do you think we could stick to 4mg for a couple more weeks so my body can acclimate, and so I don't lose my job?" "Dr." Cohen's reply: "I'm not keeping you on medication so you can keep your job, I don't care about your job or what happens WITH your job." Are you kidding me? I let out a small, unsure, confused chuckle, because I assumed he must be joking around. (What kind of doctor would say that? I can't fathom ever talking to someone like that, and I'm obviously not even a doctor.) He then says "is something funny? I didn't hear anything funny." Here's my story with him, for anyone who cares to know. I've been on suboxone for about 5 years now, unfortunately. I generally prefer a straight to the point kind of Dr., mainly due to the fact my job is demanding, & don't get enough time with my wonderful wife. My previous Dr passed away, and I had to find another. I've now been with Cohen for about two months. I told Ivan Cohen that I eventually wanted to be off the suboxone, because I didn't like being chained to something. During my first meeting I was my usual cordial-self, and out of the blue he implies I was lying to him about something, I can't even recall what it was. I had no reason to lie to this man, I came to him looking for help with properly handling a suboxone taper. He decided to immediately cut me down to 6mg from 8mg, to which I agreed with no argument. 2 weeks later her dropped me to 5mg, another 2 weeks down at 4. He told me I wouldn't even notice the difference, and it wouldn't affect me or my work. I tried my hardest to convince myself these withdrawal symptoms were in my own head. When I got so bad I couldn't function, he didn't care about any of it, he just lowered the dose more. That's not even half of it either, all this aside, he's just a mean little man, full of rude, derogatory comments. I felt like the nicer I was to him, the more he rolled his eyes or said something in a smart alec tone. I'm sad to say, he's proven to be a nightmare for me, and it's caused some constant depression. From the derogatory remarks, to the fact that my career is rapidly falling down the drain because of this jerk. No psychiatrist should talk to their patients in a fashion that causes them to feel like nothing more than a bleeding hemorrhoid, by the time they leave the office.

December 31st, 2015

Cold & rude, despite extreme politeness.

Per my nature & upbringing, I'm a reasonable, rational person, with a calm demeanor, amicable no matter what someone else does. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt multiple times, & always assume the best of people, until proven otherwise. I treated Dr. Cohen no different, but he is a mean little man. I've been to him for a few months now, and at first I thought he just had a tough shell until he better knew someone. At my fourth visit, he was pleasant for the first time since I'd met him, he listen to the problem the decrease of medication had caused, and even suggested we stay at that dose for another couple weeks so my body would acclimate better to the change. When saying goodbye at the end of this visit, he actually smiled, saying "have a good Christmas". I thought I'd finally made it through his shell. I was very very wrong. He got worse the next time. I hate to say this about anyone, but Dr. Cohen is rude & derogatory, even in the face of unwavering politeness. I came to him for help, and he's been a total nightmare, and causing me a terrible depression that I didn't have before going to him. I've never felt so down after meeting with anyone at all. Never in my life have I been treated so poorly by a Doctor. He's irrational and negative. I'm very upset by this experience with him. I would never recommend him to anyone whatsoever. I'm a kind, generous person, with a big heart and the utmost of empathy. I feel other people's pains, and I try to help however I can. I can't even fathom being as cold and rude as he has been to me. Especially in a position that generally requires one to be cordial, at least.

August 13th, 2015

Dr. Cohen has been very much appreciated in his help with my mental health issues. After growing up with double depression and anxiety among other issues. I am finally feeling as though I now have my life back. Thank you Dr. Cohen.

April 2nd, 2015

PATHETIC

This man push me away from help because my past history . This man how no matural soul. People like me die because doctors like him refuse to help.

February 12th, 2014

Bad

this man is no more a doctor than the bacteria that we all have in our mouths. my daughter goes to him for suboxone therapy and he tells her to complete a 3 month out patient program and the he will prescribe her subxone after that! what is she supposed to do in the meantime DOC do heroin laced with Fentanyl will that see her straight. His game; bring you in for an appointment charge you for it and then tell you ridicules reasons why he cant see you; because he can only treat a limited number of addictions patients but he can say no to a unlimited amount of potential patients and get paid each time crafty isn't he? No he is just one of thousands of corrupt doctors committing fraud against medicaid and other insurance company's on the back of peoples addictions

September 2nd, 2013

bad medicine dr cohen.

This Doctor needs to go back to school .

June 8th, 2013

Too old to be practicing medicine

Way too old. Made me uncomfortable. Was rude. Didn't want to hear what my problem was. Yawned within 5 mins of me being in his office. I know that psychiatry is a fraud and all they do is write scripts and over medicate americans, and make up diseases for everything.. And my visit to this idiot just solidified those feelings for me. Just plain awful experience.

September 6th, 2012

I felt that Dr. Cohen was prompt and courteous. No nonsense. If I wanted someone warm and fuzzy to wax poetic about my emotions, I'd see a therapist. I was a new patient and I was able to get an appointment in just over a week.

May 14th, 2012

Doc is not the most friendly, but is fair and will work with you on an appropriate level. I have seen him for medication only, not treatment, for a number of years and while I still disagree with his diagnosis, he will listen to concerns and will offer medication alternatives. I feel he does over-prescribe and does not consider the economic considerations attached to some of the newer prescriptions for a non-employed patient.

March 15th, 2012

He is on the quiet side

I think his personality can come across as pompous or uncaring, but I've been seeing him for years for a few mental disorders and I'm now understanding that he's just telling me what I need to be doing. He is matter of fact and isn't a cuddly kind of doctor, but I haven't met a psychiatrist yet (for adults) that is. I know I need medication to get by and I am glad that he was willing to try different medicine combinations and adjusting dosages til I felt good. His staff has always been wonderful and friendly towards me and I usually have a short wait til he sees me, and that's even at the end of his day. No can't complain.

November 11th, 2011

Very rude and degrading to patients.