A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ivan Schwab:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ivan Schwab, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Bacterial Eye Infections
- Conjunctival Diseases
- Cornea Transplant (Penetrating Keratoplasty)
- Corneal Diseases
- Corneal Ulcer
- Eye Diseases
- Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
- Vitamin A Deficiency
Education & Awards
Dr. Schwab graduated from West Virginia University, Morgantown. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Schwab has 2 hospital affiliations:
- University of California Davis Medical Center
- UC Davis Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Schwab accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 12 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Health Plan of San Joaquin - 4 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 14 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Ivan R. Schwab practice?
Dr. Ivan Schwab practices Ophthalmology near Sacramento, CA.
See Sacramento Ophthalmologists.