Dr. Ivan Tomek MD Patient Reviews

December 10th, 2015
Dr. Tomek did a total hip replacement on me. What a great job he and his team did! I will go back to him if the other one needs replacement! He and his team are the crème de la crème!

August 23rd, 2015
worse doctor
this doctor lied to me. told me I was going to have a ceramic hip because I am so allergic to metal. After so much pain I looked into things found out it was metal and never told me. Said he didn't have time to be personal with his patients. if there is something that goes wrong he wants nothing to do with you. When I asked if he wanted to see me again his receptions said no. I am in such pain with this hip I can't stand it. He is a salesman not a doctor and doesn't care. He told me that it would cost more money having the ceramic hip and Dartmouth wouldn't be happy. I sent a letter to Dartmouth telling them how unhappy I was and they said nothing they can do about it the doctor no longer works there. And the nurse at Dartmouth that I had she just said when I found out it was metal she shook my hand and said sorry. Now I'm looking for a doctor that cares about you, I'm not a car part.

May 12th, 2015
Dr. Tomek has replaced both of my knees. He is an excellent surgeon, truly caring and is highly recommended.

February 22nd, 2015
Simultaneous bilateral knee replacement
Bilateral knee replacements. Skied 60 days post op. He is the best you can have perform the bilateral procedures

December 17th, 2014
patient
he messed my hip up.injured my femoral nerve and the hip was lose.he was unprofessional and stopped seeing me as soon as there was a problem,sending in the nurses to deal with me instead.my PT therapists tried contacting him only to be told that he would never talk to them...he couldnt get my new hip to stay in its socket and was cocky and unprofessional.i would not recommend him...I had to find a new surgeon to review my case and revised my hip. thankfully for my new doctor i felt a total difference and relief the very next morning after waking up......the other problem with him is he is a good sales man.he works closely with the manufacturer of the prosthesis and i think he sold me a hip.... total jerk

August 8th, 2013
Dr. Tomak is a skillful surgeon with a horrible bedside manner. Never gives you the feeling he is truely present when talking with you...always on to the next patient. Coomunication withion his "team" is terrible. I developed an infection 2 weeks after a total hip replacement and while the care from the floor staff was excellent, Tomak was indifferent and constantly overruled decsions made by lesser ranking doctors on his team who had spent far more time with me.

November 15th, 2012
I think hes great he talks to you he listen .. Hes knows his job