Dr. Ivar Szper Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ivar Szper?

sub-dural hematoma

Posted on June 21st, 2016

Puts you at ease but very straight forward about the condition, the surgery and the recovery process. Takes his time and provides the information you need to make decisions regarding your treatment.

Posted on June 4th, 2016

I would not be walking without Dr Szper

Posted on January 6th, 2016

I had a microdiscectomy on my lower back (L5S1) in 1984. Dr Szper said he could not make me 100% better, but I would be 90% after surgery. I will have to say today I am 100% with no lingering problems. In the 2-3 years post surgery it could be said I was only 90% better but that gradually improved and I have no residual back pain.

Posted on October 30th, 2015

He is an excellent doctor. He spent time to explain all my concerns. The procedure result was better than expected.

L4-L5 Microdiscectomy

Posted on October 13th, 2015

Dr. Szper was very straight forward and completely honest. I believe he did a great job with my microdiscectomy. But that doesn't mean I would advise everyone to do it, it's a very personal choice to do the surgery and you will have to live with the outcome. Let me describe mine. I had a clear cut herniated L4-L5. I limped badly for a year before seeking medical help, I also had no back pain. After everything was said and done, I was in Szpers office debating a microdiscectomy. After another consultation, a 2nd opinion from another neurosurgeon, and much debating, I did it. The outcome was this, the first 6 months post surgery was awful, sciatica was worse and now my lower back felt even more weak and painful than ever. Within another 6 months the sciatica went 90% away but I had a new weakened feeling and pain in my back that I hadn't had before. Exercise can alleviate most of this but it's a rollercoaster with some good months followed by some bad weeks and back and forth. As for my level of activity, I do a lot of hiking, backpacking, rock climbing/mountaineering, and canyoneering. The key is to stay active, drink a lot of water. If I don't do any outdoor activity for a month I fall apart and cant get out of bed without whining a lot about my back. If I do moderate exercise and train for an outing then my back feels pretty darn good. If you are on the fence about surgery, I recommend looking in a mirror and judging your level of activity.

Posted on June 10th, 2015

Was very open, honest in his opinion and professional. Glad we came to him for an opinion.

Posted on October 28th, 2014

Dr Szper is the best in his field, I had surgery a month ago and I feel really good. His staff is very professional, courteous and caring

He left me a mess after surgery

Posted on July 11th, 2011

Ater almost 7 years when he opend me up on an operation that took almost 16 hours.He changed my life for the worsed.I can hardly walk anymore,put on a shirt,or evan hold a drink.This so called doctor has made my life miserable.IVAR SZPER should be disbared from cutting and opening up another human being.Who knows how many other innocent people he's destroying.I don't know how he can look in the mirror or evan sleep at night.

Choose This Doctor!!!!

Posted on February 25th, 2009

Dr. Szper is awesome. Very down to earth and an excellent surgeon! Changed my husband's life.

Posted on April 20th, 2017