Dr. Iven Young MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine New York, NY

November 8th, 2015
believe the bad reviews
I have Hoshimoto disease, as diagnosed by Dr Young back in 1999 when I was 19. Now in my 30's I have always looked back to my first visit being alone and scared. My white vlood cell count was "off the wall" according to my GP . I was recommended to him by a family doc and i will never forget our first meeting He asked me to pull down my robe for a breast exam and I refused! I told him i dont think so i see a GYN for that. This is something I will always remember. How sick! Where did he think my thyroid gland was on my chest? Proceed with caution and dont go alone. Now years later i need more help but because of his actions i refuse to go back. I see he has been doing this since then . Pathetic

January 28th, 2015
MD REview
Dr Young has always been a very knowledgeable, courteous and professional MD.

July 10th, 2013
In response to post by "Good looking male in 40s"
The previous poster has no knowledge of the endocrine system and is posting highly inaccurate information. Anyone who has read a thing about endocrinology knows that there are 8 endocrine glands in the human body, including sexual organs. Hypogonadism, for example, is a very real disease. I've gone to Dr. Young twice and found him to be extremely professional and detail-oriented. The respect his peers have for him is second to none.

May 21st, 2013
Good Looking Male Patient in early 40's Molested By A Great Doctor!
After having read the review of Aliacole and the responses from many others who were so offended by her testimony, I was compelled to write and tell my story. When my primary care doctor found out I had some issue with my Thyroid, he immediately referred me to what he called "the best in the business" - Dr. Iven Young. To make the story short, toward the end of my examination at his office, Dr. Young asked me to DROP my underwear so he could exam my genital. What does Thyroid have to do with my genital ??? I never told him I felt any discomfort down there.

February 6th, 2013
Dr. Iven Young is very knowledgeable and courteous. However, his office stuff is definitely not up to par with his qualifications. They are perfectly nice, however, very slow and inefficient. I recently discovered that I ran out of refills of the medication I am supposed to take every day. When I called in to the office to ask for a refill, they informed me that I would be able to pick it up within a couple hours. However, when I went to the pharmacy the next morning (not even the same day), it wasn't ready. I called back the office and they asked for my information today assuring someone would get back to me shortly. No luck and 10 hours later, the pills still weren't there. Today, I spoke with them twice already and got nowhere. their pharmacy person is so busy that's unable to call in for my medication and they couldn't tell when she's going to be able to do it. I felt like I was asking them for a favor. Is it really that hard for someone to do their job? About to switch providers.

February 8th, 2012
DR. Iven Young saved my life
even before I had a thyroid Biopsy or blood work, he knew exactly with my symptoms that it was the Autoimmune Thyroiditis.He is a great Diagnostician ! these Dr. are rare !He listens to the patient symptoms

November 4th, 2010
i WENT FOR A SECOND OPINION
What an incredible doctor! He explained everything to me in such a way that I was able to understand medical terminology. He took his time with me examined me and told me the opposite of what I was told from the previous Endocronoligist.Very empathetic, kind and warm!

May 18th, 2010
mr robert n robbins
Dr Young is fantastic!!He put my mother on a dietfor about 20 years instead of giving her injections, or pills for diabeties.He has treated my wife, and me for over 20 years. He is great!!

November 13th, 2009
Probably Owe My Life to This Caring Physician
Dr. Young has been my doctor for three decades, and is very quiet and very humble. He does much research trying to find answers for various symptoms. He is not afraid to say that he does not know the answer to one of your questions.He is one of the most accessible doctors whom I have ever encountered.He works with the greatest of skill and concern for all of his patients.I wish that more of the younger doctorscame with his template!A Grateful PatientBDS

November 2nd, 2009
a real tradtional doctor who you gain confidence right away
Nowadays I seldom meet any doctors who promise to call you back when the results come back from the lab but Dr. Young is one of the exceptions! He promised to call me right away when my blood test comes and he did! He phoned himself! He truly represents what a doctor used to be and should be! I have full confidence in Dr. Young!