Dr. Ivo Anguelov Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ivo Anguelov?

October 17th, 2016

He wasn't just my doctor, he treats his patients like family. I only wish I could have brought him with me when I moved back to New York. Miss him and Mrs. Dora and the whole crew terribly.

May 10th, 2016

Dr Ivo is a little to free in over prescribing pain meds. Not making patients take a drug test to make sure the pain meds are actually going to that patient. A cause for concer n

January 27th, 2016

He could possibly be one of the most compassionate people that I have ever met. A wonderful Doctor; and a great human being.

January 14th, 2016

Dr. Ivo listens to your issues, and actually cares about treating you. What a gem in this day and age.

October 25th, 2015

EX patient

language problem, negativity, inept staff, referred me to another physician who he assured me was not surgeon--turned out he was!! also signs everywhere warning a $5 charge if you wanted a prescription w/no office visit. setting was a little dictatorial,unlike any dr I had ever been to. Went to his wife, Angelova, once,who was taking cell phone calls during my time w/her. Strange. Bad feeling overall. Would never recommend. Rating is -1.

January 24th, 2012

Professional & Compassionate

Dr. Ivo has been my doctor for 5 years. The level of caring here borders on love. They're professional, compassionate and have a unique ability to really listen. Can't recommend them more. You never feel like a number here. The entire staff is wonderful.

December 20th, 2011

Communication Challenge

From the first, there was a bit of a language problem, as Dr. Ivo has a slight Russian accent, and it is my opinion that he doesn't ask enough quality and quantity of questions compared to other GP's I've known. During one visit, Dr. Ivo promised to have refill prescriptions called into my pharmacy before I got home. Two days later when I was at my pharmacy, I had to call his office staff to remind them to do it while I waited. Recently, I went in for a basic "check up" with blood test included that my insurance was supposed to cover 100% of. It would have, if Dr. Ivo's office would have taken my blood at his office, and then sent it to a lab, like all my other GP's did. He sent me to the hospital to have it done. There, you have to wait in line at the emergency check in station. The proper billing codes were not entered at Dr. Ivo's, so I had to sign a paper at the hospital saying I would pay for the PSA and Lipids (cholesterol) portions. I was told that it got corrected later by Dr. Ivo's nurse, but that was not entirely true. I had to pay $22 to the hospital, because I was sent to the hospital emergency check in facility rather than anywhere else to have my blood tested.Then, they don't go over in detail your blood test results. The nurse just said on the phone that "everything is OK", and she said that their office refuses to mail a copy of blood test results to any of their patients. They make you come and get it, while charging 50 cents per page for copies, and the nurse never warned me upfront about that. While it is not the money involved here that bothers me, it is the poor quality of their communication. It also gave me the feeling that they are in an extreme "cost cutting" situation, even if they aren't. I'm sad to say that I would not recommend Dr. Ivo, or his nurse, to a friend.

August 2nd, 2016