More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ivor Berkowitz
Dr. Ivor Berkowitz, MD, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Baltimore, MD, with another office in Baltimore, MD. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Critical Care Medicine, Anesthesiology, Pediatrics and Pediatric Critical Care Medicine. Dr. Berkowitz is affiliated with MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center, Doctors Community Hospital and Pennsylvania Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Ivor Berkowitz has the following 4 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs,...
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger...
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
While pediatricians are typically the go-to resource when your child gets sick, more serious conditions require special care and closer monitoring. A pediatric critical care specialist works in a hospital setting to treat, diagnose and care for...