Dr. Ivor Hill MD, MBBS Patient Reviews

2.9

• Good
  • Bad

June 14th, 2013
Failed my Daughter -in every way!
The office is clean, nice, pleasant, but nurse never returned calls, when my daughter's condition worsened & after 3 days - I finally took her to our local Hospital ER. I've worked in a surgeon's office for 15years & this is not how we treat our patients! He was very pleasant in the room, but speaks so softly it is hard to hear him & w/ his accent to understand him. He would not let me tell him my daughters history & problems, but wanted her to , she is a very shy 13 year old, and left out several things, I mentioned this to him & that there was more, he said he would give me a chance to tell him after he finished w/ his notes, But he never gave me a chance to speak & the one time I tried to speak up, he shushed me and ignored me. He refused to listen. He examined her abdominal area, then suggested we try a special diet - FODMAP, but couldn't give me any literature on it, & advised me to look it up on line) to help her. No Tests, not a single one!, but said he would test her after 2 months if this didn't work! My child had been sick 10months, and we were ready for tests, invasive or not. She had missed a lot of school and was extremely sick & needed to be tested & diagnosed for proper treatment. She got much worse before we saw him & though we called they did not return our calls or help us in any way. After the mandatory 2 months waiting period for the tests he promised her, we went in & he said he is moving to a new hospital in Ohio, and he would need to transfer her car to another Dr. there to start over!!! NO NO NO. With the help of my doctors that I work for, We found her another Gastrointerologist closer to us, who immediately started tests, that were NOT invasive but helpful in determining what was wrong. Ultrasounds, Blood work to test for Ciliac / & other illnesses.& Stool Samples. He saw her back in 2 weeks, (not 2 months) eventually had to have Upper GI endoscopy & Colonoscopy, to rule out Crohn's Disease, Final Diagnosis, IBS & Ciliac Disease. Our new Dr has been awesome, and worked hard to find the diagnosis , right treatment & medicines - she went through 7 different ones till he found the one that worked, to help her & got her back up on her feet, & back to school, After missing 64 days of school this year. I WOULD NOT RECCOMEND THIS DR TO ANYONE W/ AN AILMENT.

August 13th, 2011
Rude, Waste of Time!
I could not believe how arrogant this doctor was. He not only did not allow me to finish my sentences but he did not listen to anything we had to say. My daughter was looking for relief and he told me after talking to her for only five minutes, "I don't know what you want me to do?" What an unprofessional thing to say! He said this twice and insensitively gave us very few options as he basically said I can not help you. In addition, he indicated that "why run tests regardless of family history, even if they are positive there is nothing we can do." I thought I was in a candid camera film. Really, I said, "I would at least like to know regardless." Once again he rudely ignored that comment. Did not care to run any test or look into my daughter's severe bloating and constipation. I expected more after reading some of the reviews but received a cold, rude, obnoxious doctor that clearly could not care less about my daughter. If he is the best we got in North Carolina as a ped gastro doctor I am traveling elsewhere. Don't waste your time. If the problem does not come easy to him he will clearly just give up in just a few minutes. This is the worst experience I have ever had with any physician. For the sake of your child go elsewhere.

October 23rd, 2008
A+ Doctor
Dr. Hill has the wonderful combination of being clinically excellent and having a great bedside manner with his patients. He doesn't do unnecessary testing and displays both skill and knowledge in his approach to diagnosing disease.

September 27th, 2015