Dr. Ivy-Joan Madu Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Ivy-Joan Madu?

Kind and compassionate doctor

Posted on October 13th, 2017

Aside from knowing her stuff Dr Madu is one of the kindest people -she cares greatly for her patients. And she always on time!!!

Office visits

Posted on September 26th, 2017

Dr Madu is wonderful. She is kind and compassionate. She sincerely cares about her patients. She also has a kind amazing staff

Posted on October 22nd, 2015

Thankful to have found her, she listens and shows her concerns

I love her!

Posted on October 3rd, 2015

I've been a patient of Dr. Madu's for approx. 12 years for thyroid issues. She is easy to talk to, explains lab findings/medications, gives 'doable' suggestions & is a kind (non-egotistical) doctor. At first glance, her office/location seems cluttered, but I care more about having a great doctor than one who spends lots of money on decorating!

Posted on August 21st, 2015

I like her mannerism and she is not an alarmist!

Posted on October 6th, 2014

Love Dr. Madu!!! Is knowledgeable and treats her clients with care and respect!

Posted on September 5th, 2013

I have been with her for a number of years and have done quite well on a whole. I was in really bad shape as a Diabetic when I entered the hospital several years ago. I would have originally given her 3 to 4 stars on everything as the early staff was great, & she was caring, too. However, in the most recent 2-3 years things have changed. There's no communication with me, no returning calls, no help understanding medication I had to start taking; the pharmacist helped me learn to use it. There's a lack of communication. I am not sure of participating in a study other than as a way to get a test I really need to get and it will save me from searching for a way to get it that takes my insurance. I know she is doing important research that may be beneficial, but I was called out of the blue. I have found the waiting room at times spilling over, though it does seem to have improved lately. I wish there was more time for me without staring at the computer and talking on the phone to others part of the time. I do not really understand all the tests and get put off by rush treatment. Yet, I can give her a much better review than others simply because I have known her a while and really liked her and and benefitted from the earlier times before all the computers and rush. Her staff have really been quite nice to me, since settling down to a more regular group. There have been some rude, incompetent ones over the years, though the original 2 groups were both fantastic. She's had a lot of changes of personnel over time. Last time the staff were really quite nice, but disorganized and had to search for my lab results after I got there. The time before I did not even see the doctor herself though I did like the assistant who saw me, but did not have adequate explanations for anything. No one mentioned taking part in a study to me or told the lady in charge that it was not sure if I had the condition being studied (don't have lots of the symptoms you are supposed to have except for one). The new medical system is pretty confusing and navigating all the insurance and government red tape, all intimidating to me. Yet, I am doing better with my Diabetes than so many folks I know, & I do take the medication and adjust it. However, I had a major concern that I could not discuss.

NO COMPASSION! NO HUMANITY!

Posted on March 23rd, 2013

HORRIBLE! Dictates to computer throughout entire appointment. INACCURATE DIAGNOSIS! NO follow-up! Only takes checks for co-pays. Kicked me out of the exam room while I was sobbing after being given the INCORRECT DIAGNOSIS!! A V O I D!

Keep Looking,,,

Posted on March 12th, 2013

The front office staff is very unprofessional. During my initial visit, I waited for over an hour to see the Dr. When Dr Madu finally came in, I mentioned I had brought my previous lab work in with me for her to review, but she never looked at it.. instead she opted to test my reflexes, then listened to my heart beat, pressed on 3 spots on my abdomen and proceeded to diagnose me with Graves Disease! WHAT?! Seriously?! You've got to be kidding me with that! She prescribed a heart medication, which I did not take along with thyroid medication which I was told I would be on for a few months. Then my symptoms became worse, I went back after 6 weeks to have tests done to see what progress I was making on the thyroid medication and I was told I was improving, but when I asked specific questions Dr Madu ignored my inquiries. She sits in front of a computer and reviews the lab results and then decided what she is going to do without much interaction with you (THE PATIENT). I dont subscribe to this methodology. I think she is in business to make monet and wants to keep the rotating door moving to get as many people in paying $80-$100 a pop, as possible. Bottom line... I recommend you AVOID this experience in its entirety!

Posted on February 7th, 2013

Dr. Madu remembers me. She is courteous and reads your lab results to you, so you know what's going on with your body and levels. She will answer your questions and is patient. She is a truly concerned Dr.

Horrible!

Posted on August 2nd, 2010

I had such a negative experience with Dr. Madu and her staff. I would NEVER go back to her. She was arrogant and blew my fatigue off to her suggestion that "many Americans are lazy". According to her and her staff, my lab results showed that I should have had enough energy to run circles around my friends. It turns out having a low TSH can make one VERY tired!

I will not go back to this Doctor.

Posted on March 1st, 2010

Wait for more than 1 hour, after that she did not introduce herself, she was not friendly, she was rude looking at her computer for most of the time, her responses to my questions with a rude tone of voice not a kind person, did not respond to many of my questions. i change Doctor and will not recomned this Doctor to anyone.