Dr. Iwona Sobczak MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

January 3rd, 2017
Very unprofessional doctor
Very unprofessional. Chronically late and overbooked. I've seen her several times but no more. She does not take the time to listen to my complaints instead she interrupts several times. Dr. Sobczak takes time to answer personal calls and texts,, yet doesn't care that patients have to wait. I would not recommend her to anyone. Her receptionist is sweet but unfortunately disrespected by Dr. Sobczak in the front of the patients. She takes advantage of Polish patients since she is the only one in Chicago area that speaks the language. It's sad but it's true.

July 19th, 2016
Great Help
I just was in to see Dr. Sobczak and I was very impressed with the way she approached me. She was very courteous and patient. She listened to all my concerns regarding my diagnosis and took the time to answer all of my questions (and I had a lot). After starting a medication which she had prescribed for my symptoms, I already am starting to feel better. I have seen other neurologists in the Chicago area who couldn't identify with me or my problems. I highly recommend Dr. Sobczak to everyone who needs well intentioned help with their neurological problems.

July 13th, 2016
I have been Dr. Sobczak's patient for over ten years, and I feel very fortunate to have had her as my doctor. She diagnosed my condition accurately after several other physicians were unable to do so, and has been treating me with great success. She is very patient, and takes time to talk to me every time I see her in her office. She also makes sure that I am able to get my medications (which is sometimes difficult these days, with the new healthcare changes) - even going so far as to call the pharmacy, or the pharmaceutical representatives themselves, to take care of any insurance questions, or any other problems with availability. She is a very warm and compassionate person, and a great doctor. I recommend her highly to anyone looking for a warm and intelligent neurologist.

May 9th, 2016
Dont see this Doctor

March 11th, 2016
I had a great experience with Dr Sobczak. She really listen to all my problems, and then she made sure that she had all test results before she made any final decision. I was very impressed with the time she took even though I knew she had a lot of patients waiting for her. Finally she started me on medication which has helped me a great deal ! I know I have sometimes wait for Dr Sonczak, but I don't mind because I finally feel better.

January 5th, 2016
Rarely answers phone during business hours, really difficult to get a hold of anyone

December 3rd, 2015
Dr. A+ / Receptionist C- for very poor follow up re: test results, return phone calls, prescription call ins.

November 5th, 2015
Stay away from this doctor
stay away from this doctor. she is not professional, she is always late 2 to 3 hours, she makes personal phone calls , she is a pill pusher and yelled at me when asked her to get me off the pills. come to her with migraine and she told me that I am depressed based on 10 question test. she thinks she is better than you ...........stay away from her...worst doctor ever

October 20th, 2015
Amazing
I was so relieved after my first visit with Dr. Sobczak. Before seeing her I had been to 3 different neurologists and had many different tests from EEGs to MRIs and every doctor said that there was absolutely nothing wrong. When you are actually experiencing seizures you do not want to be told there is nothing wrong (that means there won't be any treatment to fix the problem). Anyways back to the point, the FIRST appointment I had with Dr. Sobczak she diagnosed my seizures and prescribed me a treatment. I've been fine ever since. Overall, she's a warm, smart, and caring doctor. OH and the receptionist is a doll.

June 9th, 2014
I would not recommend. The doctor is not very personable. She seemed very scattered and rushed. I didn't even know we were done with the test she was performing until she started to walk out the door and I asked her if the test was complete. Very odd experience.

June 27th, 2012
will never see her again

December 12th, 2011
DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR
i was unimpressed by the level of professionalism of doctor Sobczak. she was a bad listener and had no intention of finding the root cause of the problem instead she was very pushy about prescribing anti-depressants i felt like she had already made up her mind about my problem before i had even finished telling her my symptoms. she also made some personal phone calls during my visit.