Dr. Iyabo Elemuren-Ogunmuyiwa MD Patient Reviews

3.1

September 1st, 2015
everything is Asthma
Puking consistently was asthma, stomach pain and back pains and any complaint literally she always linked to asthma and repeatedly tested me on a breathr in her lab for the same consistant results ahowing my asthma was in control. There was an investigation on them for doubling charges as well. Lastly i have acid reflux and she put me on medications that inflamed me more, as i was told by my next doctor when i finally switched.

January 28th, 2012
Terrible, Horrible wicked witch of a dr.
Just don't even waste your time.

September 13th, 2011
Perfect doctor if your in a rush
I first started seeing Doctors who work with or under Dr. Elemuren in 2010. My first experience at her Harker Heights location was not a good one. I then later started going to see Dr. Elemuren but found out quickly I wasn't going to get the proper care I needed. I don't mind waiting to see the Doctor if i'm going to get the proper care. Not once have I gotten the correct meds or been treated for what ails me. I am asthmatic [only part of my medical issues] with an upper respiratory infection it has now been over a month and she still hasn't done anything about it other than give me an inhaler. I have gotten better care at a Urgent Care unit than this. I went to see her yesterday and she kept asking me what was wrong with me and if I have high blood pressure issues, mind you every time I go in my blood pressure is fine. I do not nor ever had an issue with blood pressure and find it redundant that she can't look at the charts to know this. Mind you my visit was to get results for a sleep study and to see bout getting the pain in my right shoulder looked at. I walked out with no answers in regards to my results and nothing done yet again for what I went in for. I have read a few comments here giving her praise and it's good that you feel that way bout your doctor but others need to be warned so they don't waste their time. Dr. Elemuren is not a doctor you want to see unless your in a hurry and really don't have serious health issues. I have yet to have a physical done by this doctor which is something usually done within your first or second visit.

September 13th, 2011
Ive been with her for almost 10 years in all that time she's done an outstanding job keeping my wife and I healthy. Her staff is among the best I've ever had the pleasure to work with.

June 11th, 2011
I Love this Doctor
I was lucky when I recieved my PCM from TriCare.I have been with this doctor, as well as my children, for the past two and a half years. I have never had a problem with the staff at his location at all. The nurses and lab techs are caring and my kids just love them. I appreciate everything they do. Thank Family Medicine Clinic of Killeen/Harker Heights.

March 2nd, 2011
Tonya
I read the comments about the Dr. as I read them I had to laugh. Because I had an appt with her last week. She is good at what she does, people whine and complain because she doesn't sugar coat things. the wait happens because there is always those patients that write down one thing but as soon as the door closes has 15 other issuses. And then you have what my son calls the pop ups they are up every 2 min. W/ my appt was at 10 it's 10:01 when will I be seen. society has become such a me me me society. All in all I think she is a great Dr.

November 8th, 2010
My experience with Dr Elemuren
I am not the type of person who bashes people, but my experience with this doctor was not very good. The first few times I went to my appointments, I had to wait about 45 minutes to an hour and I was early! The reception added my name twice in the system, once under my full name and the other without my middle name so there was confusion all the time. After waiting nearly an hour, the doctor spent maybe 5 minutes or less with me. I went in for a pap smear and it took me more time to dress and undress than it did for my actual procedure. I did not feel like she took her time to examine me or really cared about further explaining anything. I would ask questions, and she would just say a few words and send me on my way. Do not get me wrong, she is very courteous and nice, but being courteous does not make an exceptional doctor. It takes much more than that. I went back to the doctor since I was very sick and my temperature was over 102. There was a another doctor who assisted me since Dr Elemuren was not available. That day, I went in and this other doctor did a quick once over and said "oh, you have a stomach virus, but just let it run it's course and you'll be fine." That was it, no meds, no advice. I felt so cheated as if all they wanted to do was send me out of their office. My last big gripe is once again about the waiting. I once waited over an hour and a half JUST for a blood pressure reading after my regular scheduled appointment. I told the receptionist what I was waiting for and she said "okay." People came and went and there I was, still sitting there waiting. I was so fed up I walked out and left and have not been back since. Lucky for me, I was able to find another doctor that I really enjoy going to. I think it is really unfair that doctors get paid so much and yet do so little for their patients. I sacrificed time and there was money lost from my job, just to go to my scheduled appointments which were NEVER on time. If you have this doctor, you might want to think twice about continuing with her unless you do not have a choice. Otherwise, run to the hills!

May 30th, 2010
I do not like this Doctor at all!
I have been with this doctor for about 2 years now, I been trying to switched doctors for a while but there is not that many doctors accepting new patients around the area. She is horrible, she does not care about her patients, she spends little time with me,and I had to see her 3 times for myself and that's just because I was sick those times she don't ask much questions neither says much. She was my kids Doctor as well but I switch them right after their first visit. my kids were due for immunizations and the clinic did not have any of them so I was told I had to wait until they would get that and that I had to make another appointment for it. Luckily I was able to get a good Doctor and at this point I will just go with any doctor because I do not like the way they threat their patients!

March 2nd, 2010
Patient
She is very courteous. She is in tune with my needs and she wants what was best for me. I find her ratings on her to be very inaccurate. I finally found a doctor who understands me. Thanks, Dr Elemuren

February 6th, 2009
Doctor refuses patient medications
This doctor is more concerned about money than she is her patients. I came to see her today because I had high blood pressure, high cholesterol and was feeling anxious. She proceeded to tell me that I needed some medications immediately because of my thyroid condition and my extremly high cholesterol. Yet, she would not give me my prescription until I paid her a co-pay of $15 which I do not owe her. My insurance does not require this co-pay. Iyabo Bola Elemuren refused to give me my prescription. This bug of greed seems to have got a good hold of this doctor. What a shame. I want everyone to know what she is doing before they go and visit with her. I called the insurance company and they stated that some of the doctors in the community are doing fraudulent things to make more money. She is one of them