A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. J.W. Byrd:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. J.W. Byrd, Orthopedic Surgeon & Sports Medicine Specialist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Byrd
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Byrd Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. J.W. Byrd, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 21 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Cartilage Diseases
- Congenital Hip Dysplasia
- Elbow Injuries
- Hip Contracture
- Hip Dislocation
- Hip Disorders
- Hip Fractures
- Hip Injuries
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Joint Arthritis (Periarthritis)
- Joint Surgery (Arthroplasty)
- Knee Injuries
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Shoulder Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Sports Medicine
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Byrd graduated from Vanderbilt University, Columbia. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Byrd has 8 hospital affiliations:
- St Thomas Hospital
- Southern Hills Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. J.W. Thomas Byrd MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 30 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine.
- Where does Dr. J.W. T. Byrd practice?
- Dr. J.W. Byrd has 1 office location.
Dr. J.W. Byrd practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine near Nashville, TN.
See Nashville Surgeons and Nashville Sports Medicine Doctors.