Dr. Jw Byrd MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9
  • 21 reviews

The Best Doctor!!
The best experience with Dr Byrd and his staff. He is a wonderful surgeon! So thankful that I choose him to do my hip surgery! He's the best!! I had no problems after surgery very little pain!! My hip is great, thanks to Dr Byrd and his staff!!

September 28th, 2016
Great experience (if that can be said when describing surgery)
Dr. Byrd and his team are phenomenal. I'm grateful he took my case and I had no problem with the fact he is hours away from me. The scheduling, appointments, physical therapy, patient education was all top notch and succinct. Having had hip surgery once prior before Dr. Byrd, I can attest to the fact that he level of pain experienced after surgery with Dr. Byrd was much lower. There are so many good things I can say about Dr. Byrd and his team!

In my opinion, Dr Byrd is the ONLY choice for hip issues
Going through bilateral hip arthroscopies for labral tears and FAI has without a doubt been the hardest thing I've ever been through in my life. Dr Byrd and his entire team have treated me with respect and concern from day one. I knew that once I was Dr Byrd's patient, I was finally going to get help for the pain I had been experiencing for so long. Dr Byrd, his nurses, physical therapists, and entire office staff have treated me like a friend, not just a patient. They always take the time to truly listen to all of my concerns and give me thorough and honest answers. Anytime I call with a question about anything, I always get a prompt call back. Dr Byrd and his team truly treat the patient as a whole person not just the injury. This recovery is a long process, and I am thankful knowing that I have the best in my corner helping me to reach my goals!

March 30th, 2016
housewife
Dr Byrd was a fantastic doctor from start to finish. My surgery went perfect and I felt everything was extremely organized and efficient through out my care. I flew from fla for my hip procedure and so glad that I did. can't say enough good things about his staff and Dr Byrd himself.

March 3rd, 2016
Dr.Byrd is hands down one of the best hip surgeons around. I wish there were more doctors like Dr.Byrd. Dr.Byrd has had a postive impact on me and many others. Dr.Byrd is the man and could do hip surgery blindfolded. He knows the g whiz hip stuff. He is really good, has a great reputation, and deep achievements. As far as the staff, they are  very generous and professional. Physical therapists at nashville sport med is highly knowledgeable in therapy.

February 4th, 2016
Dr. Byrd knows the dynamics in arthroscopy surgery. I know this guy who knows this guy who knew this guys cusion who dr.byrd did a surgery on and he is great. He is a very busy hard working surgeon.

August 10th, 2015
I am 6 weeks post labral repair right hip. Everything has been great. Dr. Byrd is very busy ,and yet I felt he was very interested in my treatment. He was not quick to recommend surgery the first time I met him several years ago. We have had visits off and on for several years and when the time for surgery came, he got me in quickly and efficiently. His office staff have been very responsive to calls and requests for appointments. His nurse Kay has been great . She has always responded to my calls or emails. To summarize, Dr. Byrd is one of the best hip scope surgeon nationwide , if not the best. You can trust he will do a great job . 5 stars for sure.

July 9th, 2015
Dr. Byrd went above and beyond for my daughter- I was impressed!
My 17 year old daughter is a ranked tennis player that has been having ongoing problems with her hip(s). After being diagonosed by a well known Atlanta surgeon, I contacted my college roommate who went to Vandy Med school and was an established orthopedist and hip surgeon to ask for some advice. He practices outside Atlanta. His advice to me was that if his own daughter was having the surgery he would go to Dr. Byrd in Nashville. Having the surgery done out of town wasn't our preference but after having gone through it, we are glad we chose Dr. Byrd. The staff including the physical therapists did a great job accommodating us but the most impressive part of our experience was the fact that after arriving for our appointment at 7:30 am, Dr. Byrd was still with us at 6pm making certain that having this procedure done was the right thing for my daughter. Finally after much patience and discussion on his part, we decided it was the right move. Having seen the pictures after the surgery, I am confident that we did the right thing and my daughter should be able to return back to tennis and hopefully play division 1 or 3 college tennis. Samantha had wrist surgery a few years back and that surgeon was not interested in her recovery at all. Dr Byrd and his staff have really put in the extra effort to make sure my daughter is going to make a full recovery. I was impressed !

July 7th, 2015
Excellent Physician with Professional Staff
For two years I suffered with excruciating pains in my hips and legs. I was referred to Dr. Byrd. My experience was remarkable. Dr. Byrd spent an hour with me on my initial exam and after some testing I was diagnosed with piriformis syndrome. Dr. Byrd outlined a treatment plan for me explaining my options. I met with the therapist then and saw the NP (Beth) for additional treatment. After 8 months I am living a pain free life due to Dr. Byrd and his staff. After every visit I have received a follow up call and email from Kay (nurse) and Beth (NP). I have found the entire staff to be friendly, helpful, and concerned about my well being.

May 29th, 2015
Possible God Syndrome
Dr. Byrd's dismissive attitude clearly reflects waning passion for his craft. He is a true expert and pioneer in his field but it may be time to sail on to teaching and research. In the clinic, you are talked down to you as if from a script and whatever questions or concerns you may have as a client are quickly squashed by his ego. Organizational behaviors trickle down from the top so if you attempt to be seen be Dr. Byrd allow for a long wait, unanswered emails and phone calls even as an existing patient. If you have a problem, you had better plan to show up front and center in Nashville. I believe everyone has the right for equal treatment and respect whether professional athlete or someone desiring to have their normal function again. The costs are the same regardless. As a physical therapist and former client there is no way I would recommend Dr. Byrd.

August 9th, 2014
Beyond rude..............
This office is a joke. I think HIS name has came and went. I believe if you aren't an athlete, professional, he won't even speak to you like you are human. Told me could not explain my symptoms, this is after I spent many hours in PT to prepare to "GO BEFORE HIM" Who does that to patients??? If you don't have any symptoms, why are you referred? The NP told me as well as PT how many I had. BTW, don't be shocked by when he comes in the room, the profile pic is at least 50 years old. Being as nice as I can, spent less than 5 mins. with me and made me cry. Asked me, "Why do you walk like that?" Really???? Found another Doc, very kind. Please do get second opinion as he definitely tells you to do...wasted money and pain.

August 5th, 2014
Incredibly rude back office staff (Morgan). I have never been treated so rudely in attempting to transfer surgical records from another state. Will not make another appointment at this office.