Ophthalmologist
6450 Medical Center St
Ste 100
Las Vegas, NV 89148
702-242-6488
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Excellent Experience  |  show details
by Ramon C Sanchez on Mar 24th, 2014

Dr.Abrams, as well as his staff, was very helpful and they did care very much about my eyes condition.I had a lengthy discussion and a very satisfactory outcome.I strongly recommend him.

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
by Nancy P. on Feb 15th, 2014

Dr. Abrams assisted me in recovering from an eye infection and continues with my care. He has given me hope that I may recover some of the sight I have lost with treatment. I had been told differently by another doctor. He is a kind and caring person and his staff is very welcoming. He is very competent and explains in detail his findings and what needs to be done. The wait time may be a little long, but often it is because he is assisting with a patient emergency.

|  not pleased  |  show details
Feb 4th, 2014

I am surprised that I am the only one with a poor review. The wait times are not 5 minutes more like 45 minutes. i did decide to do surgery and had to meet the sales girl who kept me waiting very long. I asked the front desk why the wait and found out that she was not even in yet and when I finally did see her I was basically scolded for showing up early and reminded what time my appointment was. I was not complaining about the time that I knew I was early, do not arrive early they will scold you. The office is very crowded and the staff seem very stressed. I would suggest trying other offices.

|  Best eye doc in vegas!  |  show details
by Catherine on Dec 20th, 2013

I recently had LASIK surgery with Dr. Abrams. I was so nervous prior to my consult. Dr. Abrams and his staff made me feel so comfortable that I didn't hesitate to proceed with surgery after the initial visit. He is so nice and made the whole process so simple. I highly recommend LASIK to anyone that's a candidate.

|  Great Results  |  show details
by Peter on Sep 4th, 2013

Dr Abrams and his staff are the best. I had great results with my cataract surgery. They are caring and he is a very talented doctor. I would only trust my eyes to Dr Abrams.

|  Cataract surgery  |  show details
by Tony on Sep 2nd, 2013

I went to see Dr Abrams after visiting 2 other eye surgeons in Las Vegas. He is by far the best doctor and has the most courteous office staff I have ever seen. His credentials are unmatched. He did cataract surgery for me in August and I wish I had seen him earlier. Do Not waste your time with other offices or surgeons, Go see Dr Abrams. You won't be disappointed.

|  Cataract surgery  |  show details
by Mark on Sep 1st, 2013

Dr Abrams performed my cataract surgery. It was a breeze. I see better than I ever did. He is caring, honest, and he explained all the steps to me. My surgery was complete in a few minutes. I see perfectly. I recommend him highly.

|  Eye Dr  |  show details
by Lynne on Aug 23rd, 2013

I went into see Dr. Abrams last week for dry eyes. I don't usually write reviews but I was very impressed with him and his staff. After giving insurance information etc. I only waited to be seen for 5 minutes. Everyone I interacted with was awesome. Dr. Abrams himself was very personable and helpful. Overall experience Excellent!!

|  The best eye doctor in town.  |  show details
by cataract patient on Aug 20th, 2013

I saw Dr Abrams after seeing 2 other eye doctors for my cataract surgery. He is professional, experienced and very easy to talk to. He put my mind at ease, answered all my questions and never rushed me to have the surgery. After 3 visits with him, I decided to have cataract surgery with laser. I have never been so happy with my vision. The surgery was easy and I saw better the next day. By the way, he called me at home after the surgery to make sure I was OK. He is the best eye doctor I have ever seen and would recommend him highly.

by Great Dr on Aug 20th, 2013

I had been to other drs and finally got to Dr Abrams, he and his staff were so kind and explained everything to me, I feel he really cares and truly is one of those drs who cares about the patient, Dr Abrams spent time with me explaining my condition as well as options I never once felt pushed for time, Dr Abrams suggested a surgery for me and explained everything to me, I had the surgery and I am so happy, I can finally see and feel that my life has been given back to me, Thank you Dr Abrams!! This dr is one of the best drs I have ever seen.

|  Terrible Outcome!  |  show details
by Unhappy! on Jul 23rd, 2013

The only reason I rated Dr. Abrams as highly as I did is because his staff was (usually) courteous. However, a badly botched cataract would prompt me to rate a one (or less if possible!) After cataract surgery, my eyesight was WORSE than before the surgery and the lens was 3 diopters off what the correction should have been (this after paying $2,650 dollar OUT OF MY POCKET for supposed 'blended vision' and special laser surgery and they wanted the same for the second eye (thank God I never had it done!) It cleared up minimally and it was decided that I needed PRK to 'tweak' the eye rather than a lens replacement. The PRK was extremely painful (I felt as though a flame was being held to my eye for at least a week to 10 days afterward.) Continuous appointments were made for me until I received a bill from his office. When I called to ask why I was told by the billing office that I was 'well past my recovery period and the only reason I was complaining was because I had to now pay a co-pay and, oh, by the way, you need another surgery because you have an encapsulation.' I hit the ceiling! I had one more appointment (after ascertaining the office would accept whatever my insurance paid) so I could let the doctor know how I felt about the treatment I had received both from him and his biller and to tell him I was going to get a second opinion because I did not trust him anymore . It turns out I would have been better served to get a monofocal cataract surgery, that I never needed a special surgery because my astigmatism is not severe, and that my left eye can be done using an attachment on the equipment to measure my eye both before and after surgery to guarantee a better outcome. All this for only $250 out of pocket. That is quite a difference! Even after the Yag procedure (which I had done by a different doctor) my eyesight in that eye is only 20/30 and is the best it will be because no further surgery can be done. I feel I was scammed and caution anyone thinking of going to AEI to have a second opinion done BEFORE you agree to surgery!

|  patients daughter  |  show details
by Kristi T on Apr 1st, 2013

Dr. Abrams seems to be a good doctor. But his staff is less than capable of being professional. The women by the name of Andrea who schedules surgery and takes your money is the rudest most unprofessional women I have ever met. She was extremely rude to my elderly mother. When I told her that she could not talk to my mom like that she started yelling at me and pushed me out of her office. Then came after me and chest bumped me trying to get me to hit her!!! This women is sick in the head!!! I've never in my life seen any professional women act like that. She should be in a mental hospital!!!! Would I recommend Dr. Abrams, no way in no how, ever ever would I recommend this doctor due to Andrea!!!!

|  A doctor who really CARES!!  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2012

Dr. Abrams is truly a great and caring doctor. He listens to all your concerns and explains everything to you. He has the state of the art equipment. The staff there are very friendly too.

Aug 30th, 2012

VERY GOOD OPTHALMOLOGIST, HONEST AND VERY PROFESSIONAL. I SEE OTHER OPTHALMOLOGIST, BUT IAM NOT SATISFIED OF HIS WORK, TILL A FRIEND OF MINE RECOMMEND DR. JACK ABRAM, AND HE HAD THE TIME TO EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT IS NOT CLEAR ON MY MIND. IAM VERY GLAD THAT I GOT THE RIGHT OPTHALMOLOGIST. I 100% WILL RECOMMEND HIM.

|  Botched surgery  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2012

Dr. Abrams did not call after botched cataract surgery and several calls to his office.Antiquated equipment and scope scratched when you look through it. Dirty office.Allows office staff to put drops in eye instead of a technician. Wrong eye.Staff called and said I missed an appointment. Never knew about appointment. When I asked why they didn't call they said their office phones were out of order. No cell phones around? Post surgery instructions not clear. Was told by a credible source other patients had similar experiences.

|  Dr. Jack Abrams, is the BEST  |  show details
Mar 24th, 2012

Dr. Abrams, is the best eye Dr. in Las Vegas, maybe I should say Las Vegas and New York, this is the only two places I have had need for an Ophthalmologist. He is well trained in his field, there have never been a question that he have not been able to answer. He take time to democrate what is going on with your eye. He never rushes to go to the next patient. I have also noticed that each patient is treated with the same care and time, where needed. When he meet me at the Las Vegas Surgical Center, he made me feel very comfortable, as I was a bit nervous. His smile, and words of comfort just relaxed me. Dr. Abrams, is the Dr. I would refer to my family, and friends. One last thing, when I called his over to ask a question, if he was busy, his returned his call to me the very same day and never appeared to be to busy and annoyed to speak with me. Thank God for a Dr. like Dr. Jack Abrams. He will always be my Dr. I have never questioned Dr. Abrams, but from my experiences with him, as far as his office to the operating room, I know he attend medical conferences, to stay up on all the lastest technology to be educated to take care of his patient at the highest level. Lillie Britton

|  Gods gift to the human race  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2011

never fear when your eyes are in the skilled miraculous hands of dr.jack abrams!!!

|  Amazing and Thank God that he was in vegas  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2010

Dr. Jack Abrams helped my child's cornea, when we had been to so many doctors (even commuting to UCLA). Although we are still on a long recovery to gain vision, he was able to place a healthy cornea in her eye and keep it healthy. He always explains everything to me and makes sure I truly understand what is going on with my child's eye and how to make it better. I thank God for Dr. Abrams because without him my child may have not only lost her vision but her eye ball as well.

|  Jack Abrams MD  |  show details
by Brian Helmick on May 29th, 2010

I have been diagnosed with Blepharitis by Dr. Westfield at the Westfied eye center, he has been treating me for over a year for the problem. The results of teatment have been minimal. So after consulting with Dr. Westfield we decided to get a second opinion. I have a referral from Dr. Westfied to see Dr. Jack Abrams. I have a prior Authoriztion from my insurance HPN to see Jack Abrams but he will not take my insurance. In order to see Jack Abrams I would have to pay cash up front $196.00 dollars up front. I'm glad I'm not on a fixed income yet. So I did not see the kind doctor at all, I walked out of his office. I'm sorry but I will not pay for services received before I receive them. If my insurance only pays half the amount required then I would have glady paid the remainder. In my opinion Jack Abrams cares more about money then the care of a patient.

|  I fully trust him.  |  show details
Apr 3rd, 2010

He helped my daughter see. I will always trust Dr Abrams. He is an excellent surgeon and doctore. I highly recommend him.

|  Dr Abrams saved my sight  |  show details
Feb 14th, 2010

I am so lucky that Dr Abrams treated my eyes. He is caring, professional, and his staff are also extremely knowledgable. Dr Abrams treated my eyes and after a few visits, I can see again. I recommend him highly.

|  wonderful doctor  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2009

He is by far the best eye doctor I have been to. He is caring and his staff are friendly.

|  Great eye doctor  |  show details
May 10th, 2009

Dr Abrams diagnosed my eye infection when others had misdiagnosed and treated my eye. He is a great doctor and I recommend him highly.

Jan 3rd, 2009

Dr. Abrams and his staff are generally poor, uncaring and unprofessional.

Nov 7th, 2008

I was very impressed with the professionalism and kindess of the Dr. Abrams staff. Dr. Abrams thoroughly explained everthing about my condition.

|  Dr. Abrams has an unprofessional staff!!  |  show details
Sep 5th, 2008

The shockingly rude Connie and others on Dr. Abrams staff convince me to never return to this doctor.