Dr. Jack Black Is this you?

3.9

Great Doctor!!!

Posted on June 5th, 2013

I have used Dr. Black and Dot (his faithful nurse who I believe has finally retired) for 26 years. I like him because he is straight to the point and honest. He doesn't tippy toe around--he tells it like it is but at the same time makes you feel comfortable!! He has a dry sense of humor. I don't know what I will do when he retires.

Professional, Caring, & Fast!

Posted on May 26th, 2010

I've been a patient of Dr. Black's for a few years. He is so down-2-earth. He's always making me laugh, and trying to make me feel at ease, because lets be honest...who really enjoys going to the ob/gyn? lol. He is always very professional, always open to questions, and I love the fact that I am not sitting in the waiting room for long periods of time, like I do at other doctors offices. Im a very happy patient!

Horrible Choice!!

Posted on March 18th, 2010

I had a terrible experience with this doctor. I saw him for the first 7 months of my pregnancy until he sat me down and told me I had HIV. I DO NOT have HIV. The lab test at my first prenatal visit was negative. I am married and not a drug user. By law, they are required to test during the 3rd trimester, and when they did, my ELISA (primary HIV test) came back positive, but my Western Blot (follow up test) came back "indeterminate." I had not been exposed to the virus, and I had NOT tested positive (although he said I did). He referred me to a high-risk doctor without even making sure I was high-risk. He just wrote me off. I was retested at my new doctor 3 weeks later, and of course all of the tests were negative. What he neglected to explain to me is that sometimes in pregnancy, cross-reacting antibodies make the Western Blot HIV test become indeterminate. My husband and I suffered three weeks of torture for not reason. It was the more horrific thing I have ever been through! Do not choose this doctor, ladies!

Posted on April 6th, 2016