Dr. J Blanco MD Patient Reviews

3.2

• Good
  • Bad

July 25th, 2014
I agree with the other review for this office, the front desk persons are VERY rude, the doctors are good but with this people nobody wants to come, that is why some of my friends and me left this practice, is supposed that a pediatric office hired a nice and friendly workers but instead they look for the bad people to work with, this office is a nightmare!

June 28th, 2013
Terrible Doctor and office
I have a very bad experience with Dr. Blanco at Boca Raton Pediatric Associates. First of all, the office is not kids friendly and their staffs have bad attitudes. Dr. Blanco is neither nice nor kind to our baby. He spent only a few minutes with the baby during regular checkups and no much communications with the parents. Last time we made an appointment with the office to have the vaccination for our baby as a follow up of previous regular visit since last time my son had a fever. So this time we just went there to just get the scheduled vaccination done. It happened that my son has some mosquito bites on his leg on that day, and the nurse is not sure if this is the right condition to give vaccination so she consulted Dr. Blanco. The Dr. came and just took a look then said to the nurse "you can go ahead". He left immediately without any further examination of these bites, he gave no treatments and even no advices. It's no more than 30 seconds. And then we received a bill with a charge for a regular office visit. The charge for the vaccination is full covered by my insurance but they should not charge us for a office visit. I called in to their office to ask why and they said even if it just took the Dr. one second to look (not even examine) at the baby, they have to charge for a regular office visit since the Dr. time is precious. $!#@$!@# We know it's just a normal mosquito bite so we didn't expect the Dr. to come. It's the nurse who is not certain consulted the Dr. But the office still insisted a charge on this. Although my insurance can cover most of the cost but I think this is just not right! The office manager said it's not negotiable and will not waive this charge, she also threatened me that they will send this to collection if I don't pay the bill. It sounds like they are very short of money and they are trying to rob every penny from their patients! That's why their office is not very well maintained! Well, since the beginning I am not quite satisfied with Dr. Blanco's service and attitude so this time I will definitely switch to a nice and kind Doctor. So don't choose Boca Raton Pediatric Associates or you will regret like us.

March 19th, 2012
DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILD HERE!
Dr. Blanco seems to feel he has seen it all before and EVERYTHING is always "normal". I guess when a man has been been practicing as long as he has, you think you know it all. Unfortunately, due to his lack of knowledge and bad advice, my son must now have surgery to correct his botched circumcision. Even the recommendations for care after the fact were way off according to our new pediatricians & the leading pediatric urologist in Florida. Further, Dr. Blanco has recommended and argued several other issues that completely conflict with those of the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP.ORG). In addition, he feels that breast feeding is not very important and is very pushy about his personal opinions regarding the matter... To the point of being WAY out of line. Further, he doesn't agree with the timeline for shots as those recommended by the ABP, and can't even get the sex of my child right even after dealing with the circumcision! Keeps calling him "she". I don't know the last time this gentleman engaged in any sort of continuing education, but is seems he is far past due! Beware!

October 21st, 2015