Dr. Jack Bowling MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

November 6th, 2016
Wonderful, caring doctor
Dr. Bowling is not only competent & thorough, but he spends as much time with me as I need to understand what my problem is and the various ways it can be treated. I have never felt that he used a "cookie cutter" method, but that he considered my life style and other health problems in suggesting what might be done to alleviate my pain, both short term and long term. He considers surgery as one of the alternatives, but does not rush his patients into the operating room just because he is an orthopedic surgeon. He is always friendly and pleasant.

September 29th, 2016
Awesome Surgeon
I have had to have both of my hips replaced and Dr. Bowling took excellent care of me both times. His office staff was kind and courteous. I had short wait times at all of my appointments. All in all I had the best care available anywhere and if I ever need to, I will definitely go back again!

September 8th, 2016
Couldn't be happier with my results.
My experience was great Recovery time and pain level so much better than I expected. Physical Therapy was much less painful than expected. The technique Dr. Bowling uses is much less invasive, recovery time is shorter and end result is much better than quite a few other people I know who have had replacement surgery done by other physicians. I would highly recommend Dr. Bowling to anyone needing this surgery.

August 30th, 2016
Patient
Not happy. Saw Dr. Bowling on my first visit and in the eight months following I got passed off to the PAs. I am worse off now. Should have stayed with Ortho-Wilminton!

October 23rd, 2015
Top drawer, Best of the Best Double incision the only way to go.

December 28th, 2014
Dr. Bowling is the best.

December 12th, 2014
Would not recommend - cancelled appointments, rudeness of staff are not things that I can tolerate!

November 14th, 2014
Excellent Surgeon----Poor Office Management
Compassionate, excellent surgical skills. Unfortunately, dealing with his office management is a nightmare. Lack of communication no follow-up,messages not answered or returned.

July 8th, 2014
overextended practice
Three month appt waits for current patients with serious complications from his surgery. He cancelled on me a few days before one post op appt and I had to wait another 3 months to get another appt. Three-hour office waits were routine. Difficulty and attitude getting records for second opinion elsewhere. I have what appears to be a failed replacement surgery but have to go elsewhere to find out what is going on because I cannot wait another three months for another 5 minute brush-off. He had a stellar word-of mouth reputation but seems to have devolved into a "quantity over quality" practice.

April 6th, 2013
So disappointed
I had to wait 4 months for an appointment with Dr. Bowling. When I finally did get to see him, he did not pay any attention to what my orthopaedist had diagnosed and the reasons he had sent me to him, never examined me, and quickly ordered two MRIs, after having an x-ray done as his local hospital. He had his nurse to call me and tell me that it was all due to an old injury (3 years previously, which had healed). He would not talk with me and would not see me again. Now 3 years later, I am still having problems. After all of this, a man at my church informed me that the surgery Dr. Bowling had done on him had created new orthpaedic problems which he continues to have. And, he said he would not have recommended him to me, if he had known that I was going to see him. A lot of time, money, and pain, all for nothing. I would not and have not recommended me when folks have asked. He is a prima dona for the patients that fit into his mold for his conyevor belt of knees and hips, otherwise, forget it. It is all about the money and not the concern or care for the individual patient. I wonder what his income is from Medicare?

August 1st, 2012
my overall experience was excellent, excellent results, 2 great knees. Honestly life-changing super results.

October 4th, 2011
Jack Bowling is on the cutting edge (joke) of what is best in orthopedic surgery.
Dr. Bowling is an expert in knee replacement and if he doesn't know the answer to a problem, he's willing to help you find a solution.