Dr. Jack Cates Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jack Cates?

Metastatic Melanoma

Metastatic Melanoma

May 7th, 2016

Prompt and efficient wonderful doctor made my experience actually Pleasant.

May 4th, 2016

The front office and nurse were very kind, but the doctor acted like he didn't have time for me. My visit was supposed to be an all over check and he barely looked at me.

March 20th, 2016

Dr. Cates is wonderful.

Dr. Cates has been ny dermatologist since I was around 14 years old and I am 51 now. He has always been very friendly and down to earth. He really knows what he is doing. I have had several procedures done by him, and never had any problems at all. I trust him, period. It means a lot to me that I can go to him for a procedure and not worry about it at all. I do highly recommend him.

December 20th, 2014

Misdiagnosed with cancer without a biopsy. Went for a second opinion. Second doctor did a biopsy to discover it was only a rash. Found him curt and lacking a friendly bedside manner.I would recommend you shop elsewhere.

January 28th, 2012

What a waste of time!

Upon arriving I noticed there were no other patients. This was the middle of the afternoon. That should have been my first clue a dermatologist that you can get an appointment this quick that has no other patients in the waiting room. I had some prior history with skin issues and have experienced several annual exams. Dr. Cates entered the room and asked what brings me in today. Midway through my explanation, he cut me off and began examining the areas I was pointing out that concerned me. Not once but three times he smacked my hand out of the way to take a 2 second glance at the area. He dismissed everything I pointed out with no explanation as to what they were. After about a minute of looking at the rest of my body (and I am hairy) he left the room with instructions for me to return if anything changes shape or color. No annual exam needed. He was in the room for 5-6 minutes tops.It was not like he had patients waiting and was rushed to get to everyone. He treated me as if my concerns did not matter. I have since made an appointment with another dermatologist (which took a month to get) for what I hope will be a real annual exam. If you are considering going to Dr. Cates, beware the parking lot is empty for a reason!

November 21st, 2016