Dr. Jack Conway MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

July 28th, 2016
Dr. Conway is professional and rational. He makes appropriate clinical decisions and makes me feel empowered to help myself.

February 7th, 2014
Contributued to my permanent disability with lack of meds knowledge
Dr Conway prescribed a drug to me that is known to have adverse side effects. He vaguely stated this to me and told me that the odds of having a reaction were like one in a million. The real fact is that one in a million in the general population gets this illness but if you were taking this drug the odds are much higher. I started having symptoms that are in line with the side effects of this drug but Dr Conway simply told me to take half the dose and that was the last time i spoke to him> I am now permanently disabled due in great part to Dr Conway's failure to catch the symptoms, stop the medication and send me to the ER. Later, when asked why he missed the diagnosis he stated it just wasn't on his radar. This is an incompetent doctor who also wrote additional notes about my visit to him when he originally prescribed claiming he had given me an extreme warning about the dangers. Yet he had no ability to discern the side effects. Buyer beware, your life is too valuable.

September 25th, 2013
Wonderful doctor
On a scale of 1-10, my mood is a 10 now and was near 0 when I first met Dr. Conway. I am well treated medically and find him very personable. I am pleased with how informed he is re non-drug options. He has both up to date medical advice and down to earth, common sense suggestions. I'm very glad my PCP referred me to Dr. Conway.

August 24th, 2012
exceptional
One of the best psychiatrist I have ever had. Truly exceptional.

July 24th, 2012
Outstanding psychiatrist and physician. Expert at his profession and very knowledgeable about wellness and impact of all medications. I highly recommend Dr. Conway.

June 19th, 2012
Dr. Conway has been my treating psychiatrist for over 20 years. He is the best. He accurately diagnosed my condition after multiple others failed and provided an appropriate medication regime that has worked consitently ever since. He is very quick and insightful while maintaining a sensitive, compassionate interpersonal style. I apppreciate the fact that he is not just a "medicine" doctor, that he does provide psychotherapy as well as knowledge and alternatives to medicine. I am a professional myself and have referred friends and business acqaintences to him with nothing but positive feedback regarding their care.

April 15th, 2012
fantastic
Fantastic experience. I would highly recommend.

December 12th, 2011
I would never recommend Dr. Conway
As a patient, and a professional person in another area of practice myself, I believe Dr. Conway is not engaged in helping patients. After several years, I really believe he seems to want to snuggle up in his chair and not use energy engaging with his patient, fails to answer questions, and when it it time to write another prescription he simply asked 1) what (psychiatric) medicine was needed; and 2) what strength -- without even consulting the patient's medical file. Fees very high, doesn't bill insurance, pay at the appointment. No good thoroughness, no adequate followup. Also, I know he does not keep patient information confidential even in situations where there is clearly no reason to tell other people what a patient has said. He is either far past his prime or is simply the type of person who is interested in the fees he collects and not the patient.

April 12th, 2011
Patient
I have been a patient of Dr. Conway's for 19 years. My previous psychiatrist was an expert in bipolar disorder and depression but his bedside manner was lacking. My appointments with him lasted only 10 minutes. Dr. Conway was very receptive to my questions about him when I was looking for a new doctor. He listens well and asks the right questions Dr. Conway has provided me with medication management and psychotherapy. He stays up on the current research and often suggests other therapies in addition to medication. My husband and I trust him implicitely with my care.