Dr. Jack Dekkinga MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Grandville, MI

February 7th, 2017
Don't care to pay to be patronized.
I had seen my gp several times for a reaction to insect bites that become infected. He sent me to this office who basically told me I was addicted to scratching myself and did what most doctors do who don't have an answer for you. ... Tried to prescribe me anti-depressants. Left with no help and even less respect for doctors than I had ... neither of the M.D.'s I saw did a skin scrape to see what was going on. Barely looked at it and immediately off to the RX for anti depressants. ugghh Plus this doctor spoke to me like I was a child or a demented elderly person.

March 26th, 2015
Fantastic office
I have been going to dermatologists since I was a little girl and can verify that the level of service at his office is top-notch. Very thorough, very professional, very friendly.

September 6th, 2014
TCA Peels
I was a patient for about 5 years during which time I had TCA treatments for my acne scarring. Dr Dekkinga's staff did the treatments as well as he did. He promised me that I would have smooth skin, however, after a few months of treatments, me skin still had many acne scars as well as hypopigmentation marks on both sides of my face. At one time, they did not cool the treatment, and I ended up scarring very badly from that particular treatment. When I made an appointment regarding that treatment, Dr Dekkinga would not take blame for that TCA mishap. I am now seeing another dermatologist who said that TCA is very outdated, and they have not done them for over 10 years. I am very disappointed in my overall experience with Dr Dekkinga and his staff.