Dr. Jack Denver MD Patient Reviews

3.4

July 21st, 2016
Have been to see this doctor twice now. Very impressed with his knowledge and willingness to help my situation. No other doctor has spent that much time with me looking into my medical history to work on a plan that has already started to help. Very nice staff. Highly recommend!!! Did have a bit of a wait but not that bad. Would much rather have a little wait then for a doctor that takes times with me than somebody that herds you through like livestock. Feeling blessed and thankful !!!

June 29th, 2016
Horriible Doctor
This man is a total fraud with respect to pain management. His self appointed mission in life is not to manage your pain but to take the patient off of not only their pain medication but ALL of your medications. This means he has self appointed himself as a replacement to your primary care doctor. He will take you off of your blood pressure meds, your sleep meds, your anxiety meds, ALL AND I DO MEAN ALL of your medications! Wait times to be abused can run as lon as 3 hours. STAY AWAY!!

March 30th, 2016
Excellent compassionate doctor

March 26th, 2016
Not sure with diagnosis still working on answers. He is an excellent Dr. Would highly recommend.

March 21st, 2016
Patient
Have been a patient of Dr. Denvers for about a year now. I feel like I owe him so much. He has been the only physician to sit down and listen to my back issues and help me with them. A year ago I could not even tie my own shoes. My first visit he spent well over an hour with me and really listened to my problems. He and is staff are very nice and professional. If you are looking for s good doctor that takes time with you he is a great choice. Highly recommend.

March 17th, 2016
Daughter of patient
If your looking for a physician that actually cares about their patients. Please look elsewhere, this guy doesn't care at all, he's only in it for the money. He's very arrogant and looks down on people that don't make six figures and live in Mtn. Brook, Vestavia or the preserve in Hoover where he says he lives.Majority of my visit when I go there has nothing to do with my pain issue, he'd rather emphasize on what mountain he's gonna climb or where him and his girlfriend Pam are going on their next trip,as if I care. He always messes up my prescriptions and won't fix his mistakes without having me come back into his office and paying another copay. It's ridiculous!!! He's a real dirty money hungry wolf in sheep's clothing. He plays Mr. Nice,willing to listen doctor with you on your initial visit, however don't buy it! He's like Dr.Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and he uses his staff to do his dirty work. I feel sorry for his assistant Kim, he works that poor sweet girl to death. I'm surprise she's still there, there was a time he went through staff members like running water because he over works them,treats them horrible and doesn't want to hire more help. If you looking for a Pain or PM physician look elsewhere where. He's all about money that's it.

March 17th, 2016
Wow if you're tired of being treated like a drug addict and want a doctor that actually wants to help manage your pain; then Dr. Denver is your guy

October 7th, 2015
$
Dr. Denver is rarely available. He is quite smart, but if he can manage it--he's going to start you on Botox injections. If that's the kind of dr you need he's your guy. He isn't a bad guy, I don't think. Money, however, is goal number one. He'll leave you hanging out to dry. I'm probably being more fair to him than he was to me..but, he enjoyed having me as a patient while I was paying wo insurance in cash. Anyway, he's an average dr. He is a bit difficult to read. His office is small and cramped, and you do hear all about his problems that should stay personal. It is kind of a shame in his case, however, I do feel like, at one time, he was in medicine for the right reasons..to treat pain...and to best rehabilitate those he could. Now, like many, he's paranoid and money hungry. That's about all I can say.

September 24th, 2015
A former staff member. His main concern is his bottom line. Period.

May 11th, 2015
Don't trust this physician with your health!
I think something's terribly wrong with this dr. & would not trust him to treat any of my friends or family. Without going into the many specifics, I would just say steer clear of this one! Not sure what his motives are, but I wouldn't trust him for a minute! Scary to put your care in his hands!

January 30th, 2015
In the beginning he was nice and interested in my condition. This dr, treats you long term with no test updated and insist you are getting better.. I found him to be arrogant, argumentative, not listening to what I was saying about my pain.. Newest thing taking simple urine test and using out of network lab in California when I had adequate insurance. Then getting a bill twice $800. He said you could call twice and they would reduce or take what insurance company offered... Then I had his new service that handles billing call and said I did not pay co pay when I was there...I had to call this place and give them proof I had... He has lost his temper several times with me and I feel been disrespectful. When he was making a lot of money from botox injections which made my condition worse he was friendly but when it is down to him giving pain medication he seemed to lose interest in my condition...He insisted I was better even when I said different.. Unprofessional ... Nurse telling me all about his divorce and I had to wait while he talked to his lawyer..waiting all evening while he worked in new patient and after hrs told me I would have to come back another day. He told me his new help had hurt his business after he hired incompetent people who would not return phone calls.. TO sum it up I need a pain management dr that kept updated on my condition and believe what I told him . To us the best labs for his patients and not his pocketbook... TO do what is best for his patients and not for his pocketbook..To be professional and not pull your patients into your personal problems...We are patients and should be respected and not looked down on because we are in pain and vulnerable.. Trusted you in the beginning and then you left me hanging and not looking out for my health. Yes, in the beginning he is great but if you need him long term and he is not making enough money on you things changed at least for me... THIS is my personal experience and opinions on this Dr...

January 12th, 2015
Pain Doctor that really cares!
Excellent doctor that took time to actually listen to me & all my concerns!