Dr. Jack Ditty Jr MD Patient Reviews

no change

• Good
  • Bad

May 18th, 2017
I have had three appointments with Doctor Ditty. On the first one I was in the waiting room 2 1/2 hours and 30 minutes in the exam room. After a 5 minute exam I asked if this long of wait was common. After his sarcastic response I could tell he was offended. The third appointment was this week at 4 pm. Arrived at 3:50 as instructed. 15 patients ahead of me. I asked the receptionist if all were waiting for the doctor. After a yes response I asked how long I would have to wait. Her response: he's just now seeing his 1:30 appointments. I think respect is a two way street. This doctor does not seem to understand this.

September 20th, 2016
2.5 wait is too long
Waiting 2.5 hours past the scheduled appointment time to see the doctor is not right! The staff is not "patient friendly".

September 22nd, 2015
I was very disappointed in my first attempt to see Dr Ditty. After waiting 2 months for my appointment for a facial skin condition that can be very painful, and arriving 30 minutes before my appointment I had to wait while my insurance was checked. I was told my insurance had been cancelled (even though later with my own call I found this to be incorrect) I told the receptionist I would pay for the visit but she insisted she had to check other insurances I had. After waiting 30 minutes post my appointment time (so there now 1 hour) I was told I would be put back on the wall and could wait up to 2 more hours to be seen I had now missed more then 2 hours of work. I appreciate and respect the doctor's time but my time needs to be respected . Why over book, and why hold my time in limbo when I said I would pay cash. The insurance was valid...not sure where they got their information...I missed work It almost seems money is more important then patient service to this office. I will not return and will find someone who respects me and my time as they desire the same respect

June 24th, 2015
Don't waste your time!
I do NOT recommend this doctor at All! You wait forever. He only had three patients and we were there over 4 hours and only saw him for about 15 minutes when he did show up.He just wanders around in and out of rooms and really doesn't accomplish anything. Needs to retire. Don't waste your time or money. I would NOT recommend him at all for anything!

April 6th, 2013
registered nurse
After 2 months of itching, rash and hives that did not respond well to other treatments, I received a referral to Dr. Ditty. I waited 2 hours in the waiting room. After moving to the treatment room I was first met by a resident who was kind, understanding and interested in my history and hopeful that they could find a solution. Dr. Ditty spent about 2 minutes examining my rash, hives and told me to take Alegra twice a day. I explained that antihistamines had proved successful so far and asked for further information. He became very stern with his voice and proceded to tell me "what you don't need" referring to past treatment. Then said "I can see we are "too far apart on this" and "I can't do anything for you". At this point both hand were raised in the air and he physically backed away from me. I was devastated, I was looking for hope and help to end the nightmarish itching, lack of sleep and open sores from scratching. I left there feeling as if he was uncaring, unknowledgable and unwilling to change or learn more about my symptoms to look for a cause to this condition. I was in tears when I left his office. At least he did tell his staff not to charge me the 21.00 copay. Needless to say I would not recommend him to anyone.

June 29th, 2010
Sarcastic
Dr. Ditty impression he left me was sarcasm. I have severe hand exzema and when I explained how painful it had become and that I needed help controlling it otherwise my job was at risk. He told me I needed to suck it up and that I would have this the rest of my life. His tone and approach towards me was not well received. I searched and found another dematologist. And guess what, my hands are completely clear. Hopefully, I will not have another episode but so far so good.

April 17th, 2017