3.0

Gunters Staff and Family are posting these reviews! show details Gunters Staff and Family are posting these reviews!
Dec 4th, 2011

please dont fall for this they write these terribly long reviews to try and push real peoples post so far down that they are not seen. Be Careful lots of people injured beyond repair hes almost 80 years old and his knuckles are ridden with inflamation from RA ....tHERE ARE WAY BETTER CHOICES THESE DAYS ....

Superb show details Superb
by NewYorker on Sep 2nd, 2011

Dr. Gunter is a legend and for a reason. Earlier in my life I had a botched nose job from another surgeon and Dr. Gunter resently fixed my nose with incredible results. My nose is beautiful now but it also looks natural. Thank you Dr. Gunter for changing my life. I thank Dr. Gunter for his dedication and artistry but I will never be able to thank him enough. My results are way beyond what I ever hoped for.

I LOVE MY NEW NOSE!!! show details I LOVE MY NEW NOSE!!!
May 5th, 2011

Dr. Gunter is great. After seeing some things on the internet, I was a little leery about getting the rhinoplasty. I had had it done once before, but the result was not what I was looking for. I found Dr. Gunter and I am so glad that I decided to go through with the surgery! My nose looks great, exactly what I had hoped for. Of course complications are a risk with any and every surgery, but that is just a risk that one must take, regardless of the surgeon. The care I received was five star-- Dr. Gunter and his CRNA called me the night before my surgery to check on me, as well as the night after. I have had three checkups since my surgery and it has only been one month! He is very meticulous about his work and only does the best!

Everything IS better in Texas!! show details Everything IS better in Texas!!
Mar 17th, 2011

I would recommend Dr. Gunter in a second! For your first or second rhinoplasty. He has an amazing aesthetic, impeccable credentials, gentle and personable manner.why on Earth would you go anywhere else but Texas!!!10 years ago I had minor rhinoplasty (shaved the bone) and I was not happy with the results. I started looking into revision work to check out my options. My cousin, who is a highly recognized plastic surgeon in New York City, said I MUST go see Dr. Jack Gunter in Dallas Texas. He said he literally wrote the book on revision rhinoplasty.I live in New York City and I couldnt believe there was not a valid option here. I meet with a few doctors in New York, but my cousin insisted to go to Dallas.I did an online consultation and an in-person visit with Dr. Gunter. He was so kind, gentle and professional. The office also had the latest technology to show me the potential outcomes of surgery. He knew just want to say and definitely knew his stuff! Needless to say, I booked my surgery date right after the consultation. Surgery day was great. The experience at Texas Institute for Surgery was more than I could have hoped for! The staff was helping and very nice. I came out immediately breathing better and feeling good. A week of recovery was enough time for me to return back to NYC and get back to work.It is a month out and I am THRILLED with the results. It looks like I was born with this nose! It is still totally me, just better!!! The swelling is still going down, but everyday I look in the mirror and thank god that my cousin made me go to Texas!

AMAZING NOSE SURGEON show details AMAZING NOSE SURGEON
Jan 21st, 2011

I am from New York, a city where seeing a doctor closely resembles speed dating these days. Over the years Ive broken my nose several times and had repeated surgeries in hopes of repairing it. Each surgery resulted in unsuccessful outcomes and left me with additional problems. After years of being unhappy, I consulted with a reputable doctor in New York, who I will call Dr. A. Dr. A. strongly suggested after examining me, that the only man I should see for repair was Dr.Gunter. During our hour consultation, Dr. Gunter took pictures, examined me, and thoroughly explained the surgery in detail. Knowing that having had so many prior surgeries a good outcome was not a guaranteed result, I asked him if he thought I should proceed. Dr. Gunter, confidently said that he would not do the surgery if he didnt feel he could improve the structure and the aesthetics of my nose. I set the date for surgery. Dr. A. accompanied me , as he was excited to sit in on my surgery . Several days later, I returned home and for the past six years I have had no problems with my reconstructed nose. I could breath great and it looked beautiful until recently. A day before New Years Eve while playing with my dog, she picked her hard head up swiftly and caught me under the nose. This has happened several times over the years, but it never caused a problem. Later that day, I passed out, as I sometimes do from low blood pressure, and hit my head/face on the way down. Several hours later, my nose looked a little twisted to one side and my breathing seemed a little off. I called the office and spoke with Dr. Gs nurse Jane.She asked that I take x-rays and send her some photos immediately. As soon as they were received Dr. Gunter reviewed them and called me. He honestly said that he couldnt tell exactly what went wrong without seeing me. Jane got back on the phone and with the help of Marilyn rearranged the scheduled patients so she could fit me in immediately. Now, I just dont mean that they rescheduled the consult appointments, Jane and Marilyn rescheduled the surgeries as well, making time in the operating room in hopes that it would be a quick fix. I flew down and consulted with the doctor that afternoon. Dr. Gunter came in, all smiles and happy to see me even though I had possibly wrecked his masterpiece! We looked at the operative report and the old and new photos together. He examined me, looked, poked and thought. I could tell that he was thinking of every possible scenario that might have caused the problem as well as every possible fix. This is not a doctor that approaches surgery in a careless manor. After one hour, we had nothing! Dr. Gunter said he had never seen this happen before and he thought the most practical thing to do was to schedule surgery in the near future and start from scratch. I asked him, can it turn out worse. Dr. Gunter reassured me that he would not operate on me again unless he felt he could achieve a great outcome. He did not want to open my nose up unless we were both prepared for whatever he was presented with. He made sense and I agreed with him but I was convinced that the K wire had shifted and we should simply remove it. I think he sensed my one percent of conflict and he exited the room for five minutes as if to give me time alone to think.When he came back, I to said I still think its just the k wire. Well, doctors with as many degrees, credentials and recognition as Dr. Gunter has would have dismissed me in a minute. He looked at me and smiled one of his big warm smiles and said, then thats what well do because sometimes the patient knows best. Before the surgery he popped into my suite to ask me if I had any further questions or instructions for him. LOL After the surgery he came to see me and asked me what I thought about my nose. I told him I hadnt seen it and he ran out to find a mirror so I could take a look. He said that the nose had shifted back when he removed it and although it was too soon to tell the final outcome, he was happy that we proceeded with the removal. Dr. Gunter personally called me to see how I was feeling and to reassure me that if I was not happy when the swelling went down he would do whatever it took to make me happy. Office staff is the best! They will go out of their way for you. Jane did everything for me. She took care of sending me hotel info and booked the surgical center and anesthesiologist .She hired a nurse for me and was there with a big hug of reassurance on the day of my consult. Dr. Gunter did not charge me for my surgery or consult!!!!!! I cant express my gratitude. The operating facility is state of the art. The anesthesiologist.... Well I had the pleasure of having Leslie for my first surgery as well and she is the best. She will keep you calm with pre surgery drugs and keep you safe during your surgery.I never review anything or anyone, but Dr. Gunter, well, he is my hero and I wanted to applaud his operating skills, compassion and humanity. Thank you Dr.G.

Gave me back a functioning and attractive nose show details Gave me back a functioning and attractive nose
Nov 28th, 2010

In Dec 2005 Dr. Gunter did a Secondary rhinoplasty on me. My nose had been broken as a kid and I'd had in fixed as a teenager around 1986. Less was understood about nose surgery then (I went to a board certified plastic surgeon) - the technique then gave me a bobbed turned up nose. Over time my nose collapsed further and sleeping and exercising was really difficult. I wore a breath-rite strip all the time to just breathe more normally. After getting certified through my insurance (out of network) Dr. Gunter repaired my nose (with a rib cartilage graft). I can now sleep normally (it's been such a life improvement) and breathe more normally with exercise. It took me a full year to get used to having a proper nose and for all the swelling to go down. Now my nose looks balanced with my face and you can't see up my nose anymore. My surgery was difficult (my skin is very fair and thin) and the recovery was painful. However, it was worth it and I have a much better quality of life and a non-operated looking nose.

Excellent Doctor in Rhinoplasty show details Excellent Doctor in Rhinoplasty
Sep 14th, 2010

20 years ago I had a cosmetic surgery, however my nose did not look that good, I had another surgery to fix the first one and my nose end up looking even worse. I found Dr. Gunter and I decided to do what is called a "Secondary Rhinoplasty". My surgery with him was a success. He fixed my nose and leave me very happy looking much better. He is a real professional. He was very honest with me. He will give you the best results since he is what I consider a real expert. After the surgery I did not experience much pain, I was very impatient to see the results since the first day after the surgery....my advice: Do not worry how your nose look at first... in my experience, the nose takes time to heal... so do not forget that if you have this type of surgery the results are there just be patient. If I had another surgery someday I will definetly look for Dr. Gunter again. I strongly recommend this doctor.Beatriz DuMars

wildy inconsistent results - getting worse as he ages show details wildy inconsistent results - getting worse as he ages
by Florida Girl on Jul 23rd, 2010

My Gunter Rhinoplasty took place in 2003. His office facilities are first rate - maybe that's why he's so expensive? I thought he was abrupt and cold. Was very nervous going with him, but his reputation is huge. My nose healed fine but the aesthetics and function are terrible. Breathing worse, snoring worse, and my nose looks scooped out and very strangely lopsided. When I saw him 8 months post-op, he said "I don't know what happened, but it's pulled in too much on this side and not enough on this side. If you're still unhappy in a year, I'll fix it. Life circumstances and children have kept me from considering a revision until now, but I won't be going to Gunter for it.