Family Physicians

9191 W Thunderbird Rd
Ste D105
Peoria, AZ 85381
623-849-3811
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  Respect for older women  |  show details
Oct 21st, 2013

Crude language is not what I expected from this doctor. Some of the guys are probably okay with it, but most women I know would appreciate a respectful bedside manner.

|  show details
by Lisa on Jun 20th, 2013

I first met this man as a resident at St. Joseph's. When he moved on, I was not happy with any other doctor I had been assigned to. I looked for him and found him in Peoria. This was my doctor and I knew that. He has never failed me, if I had questions after hours, he would call me and tell me what to do or what to expect. I feel so comforable, he is very attentive, humorous and stays with you until YOU are ready to leave. Best doctor I have ever had. I have referred my friends to him and all of them have been pleased.

|  An "Old-Time" Family Doctor  |  show details
Aug 28th, 2012

Although he's not old, Dr. Hawks has the style of an old fashioned family doctor. He always greets me with a genuine warm smile and then sits down for the entire visit. He gives me all of the time I need and is very receptive to me wanting to be informed about and involved in my own health care. He has never raced through my visits even though other patients are waiting. He seems to genuinely care for his patients and appears to enjoy the work that he does. I would, and often do, recommend him to anyone who is looking for a doctor they can stick with for the long term.

|  Highly recommendable  |  show details
Apr 17th, 2012

I first met Dr. Hawks when he was a resident with St. Joseph family practice. Instantly I knew this was my doctor. Sadly he moved on and I seen other doctors and I just had an attitude with. When I located him in Peoria, I would make the 20 mile trip for my visits. I always felt he gave me the attention that most doctors fail to know days. I don't have to deal with a N.P or some assistant. He does not leave the room until he has answered all my questions and even recommends his own family specialty physicans. He is very personalable and always has the right attitude. I absolutely love this doctor and would follow him where he decides to practice next.

|  show details
Mar 22nd, 2012

Love him! He's very personable and always makes sure you understand what's going on with your medicines, body, or testing.

|  One of a kind!  |  show details
by Greatful to have found him on Mar 4th, 2010

Over 36 years I have been to many Doctors. I have never been comfortable until I saw Dr. Hawks a year ago. His office is clean, his staff is wonderful, and your not just a number. Dr. Hawks does not rush you, he listens to every word you say rather it is medical or person. He is 1 of a kind, always there ready to help. I would never switch and I would follow him if he changed offices. Such compassion, devotion and understanding. I am so comfortable and I trust him completely. He never gives up on finding an answer.

|  perfect doc  |  show details
by SWPeoria on Jun 23rd, 2009 on kudzu.com

When my family and I moved to AZ we wanted to finsd a GP that we all could go to, my daughter being old enough that I felt a pediatrician was unneccesary. If I could of created the perfect Doctor it would be a twin to Dr Jack. He is compasionate, makes you feel comfortable to talk about any issue, no matter how busy the office appears. Kind, and the whole family feels comfortable from my 6 yr old to both my wife and myself. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a doctor. You wont find a better man or a better Doctor.

|  Great doc  |  show details
by flordsn on Jun 1st, 2009 on kudzu.com

I left 3 doctors since I have been in Arizona. I am from NYC and very particular and tough to please. The first time I met Dr. Hawks, I was really impressed. Doc Hawks is one of the most remarkable doctors I have ever met and I've met many being in the medical profession myself. He never rushes you out of his office because his staff arranges the appointments carefully so that you can spend some time with the doc. He has a great personality, plus his expertise in his field of medicine relaxes me when I see him because I know I have finally found a doctor I will allow to treat me.

|  Caring and Personable physician  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Mar 24th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Hawks is compassionate and friendly - he always spends as much time with you in the exam room as he can. He makes sure that all your que...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Wonderful Doctor  |  show details
by meowingkitty on Jul 16th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I have only been in to see this doctor once and I must say I was very impressed. It is a very clean office, the doctor is on time and doesn't overbook patients and is courtious. The doctor had a personality and truly enjoys his job. This is not a doctors office that tries to see how many patients they can book in a 15 minute time period thus seeing how far they can get behind in a day. They truly value a persons time. Plus the lab, x-ray etc are within walking distance from the office. Glad I fired my old doctor.