Dermatologist (skin)
Video profile

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
DO NOT GO! show details DO NOT GO!
by Rebecca Barnett on Sep 19th, 2015

This doctor is a creep, and the office is smelly and dirty. Wish I would have checked it out a little better before I went. Wish this website gave the options of ZERO stars.

WORST DOCTOR EVER show details WORST DOCTOR EVER
by Rebecca Barnett on Jun 4th, 2015

Jack Jawitz is a jack-a** and a complete crack-pot. I will NEVER go back to him or his filthy, smelly office.

May 13th, 2015

WORST DOCTOR EVER. Jack Jawitz is a sick jack-a**. I went to see him to get some skin tags/keratosis removed. He asked how long I've had them (I developed four of them over the past several years) and if I picked at them (Yes, on occasion) He then asked "What emotional trauma have you experienced over the past 5 to 8 years?" I thought for a while and said "nothing, really" but he INSISTED that there was emotional trauma in my life that caused these skin tags and causes me to pick at them. I thought a little longer , then for the lack of any TRUE trauma, I offered up "well, I lost my Dad about 8 years ago and my Mom about 6 years ago...but they were not traumatic, unexpected deaths" He then went on to assert that my skin tags were the result of unresolved issues regarding the death of my parents. Then he started asking me detailed questions about their deaths. When, how, where did they die... was I there when they died, who informed me of their deaths, how soon did I go to them after their deaths. I answered all his questions, hoping they would end soon, but it became a 30 minute session of him trying to uncover these so-called "unresolved issues". I kept telling him that I have no unresolved issues but I would like the skin tags to be removed. He never did address my reason for being there other that prescribe an ointment for exczema! The really sick and disturbing part was at the very end of the appointment he told me that 30 minutes before I go to bed at light, I need to close my eyes and picture my dad lying on the floor choking to death. He said that I would have nightmares and it may cause me emotional distress but that is the only way to address these "unresolved issues". After a week I am still upset. i called the office this morning asking for my $35 co-pay to be refunded. They refused. I am now disputing the charge with my credit card company. A friend who is a retired therapist agreed that this doctor crossed the line and that I should report him to the medical associations and/or retain an attorney.

Dr. Jack the best Dermatologist show details Dr. Jack the best Dermatologist
by steve perry on May 14th, 2014

Dr. Jack and his staff are very professional and respectul. Dr. Jack has taken off some basil cell and squimous cell cancers. He continues to monitor my situation and is a great person who cares about your medical condition

AWFUL, TERRIBLE, show details AWFUL, TERRIBLE,
Sep 17th, 2012

He is the worst doctor I have ever seen. I could write a book, but will report him instead. My opinion is not to ever go to this doctor. TERRIBLE!

Trying another doctor next time... show details Trying another doctor next time...
by Anonymously Unhappy on Jul 28th, 2010

I've never been to a Dermatologist, but he refused to take the time to talk with me. Tried asking him about cost and the procedure; he rushed out the door saying "Oh I don't know." He then ignored my questions on what he was doing, didn't warn me he was about to stick a needle in my face. The only advice he gave me in caring for my wound was "take the bandaid off later." He left me sitting there in a gown wondering if I was done, and didn't come back. I will never go back to this doctor; however I hear that his Nurse Practioner is nice and nothing like this. Wish I had seen her instead!!

Best Dermatologist in Bradenton show details Best Dermatologist in Bradenton
May 21st, 2010

I found Dr. Jawitz after trying four other dermatologists in Bradenton. Each of the others wanted to create an umbilical cord to my School Board insurance by scheduling my visits monthly. Absurd as I have psoriasis and don't need a monthly appointment to confirm it. Dr. Jawitz is knowledgeable of all of the latest treatments as well as their side effects. He deals intelligently with his patient...a rarity among physicians who too often condascend.

Unwanted and unprofessional sales pitch. show details Unwanted and unprofessional sales pitch.
Feb 24th, 2009

This doctor tried to sell me an in-office face lift for $4000 before he did anything else.