Dr. Jack Lichtenstein Is this you?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

January 12th, 2014

Terrible

I was previously a patient for RA- waiting times ridiculous staff always seems new & can't find your file, test results whatever. Ask around and more than 1 person had appt at same time- they do double book- he can't see 2 people at once LOL! I did not like him, "exams" too brief (but then he charges insurance for long ones) always lots of lab tests I don't think were needed - got nasty & rude when I refused them saying I did not have money for copays as they cost a lot & even drug manufacturer said I did not need them so often. He got into trouble / the state & lost ability to Rx narcotics for handing them out like candy- almost lost his license- WAY older than photo- he should retire. At least read that MD Medical Board's case against him before seeing him so you can know how negligent he was convicted of being w/ multiple patients who filed complaints against him. I switched to another doctor for better care.

March 8th, 2013

horrible

This doctor is horrible. The wait time was an hour. The staff hardly speaks to you when you come in.they take the time to ask you all these questions but none of it is entered correctly into the computer.the doctor proceeds to ask you all the same questions that are entered into the computer and doesn't even attempt to read them. I also don't understand why I needed to take my clothes off for him to look at my knee. he was also eating Peanut M&M's as he was doing my exam! disgusting! Oh and he must be a genius because he gave me a diagnosis without my test results. I will not go back! think it's time for him to retire

November 27th, 2012

Better than reviews

My previous Doctor left this practice. I had to see Dr. Lichtenstein to get a scrip refilled before a trip. I scheduled an appointment with him on my return and he seemed very nice.He spent a lot of time with me and was thorough in his explanations. I had also scheduled a consult with the Johns Hopkins RA Department since they are fairly close and rated #1 in the USA. I saw them after Dr. Lichtenstein had made a treatment plan. Johns Hopkins concurred with Dr. Lichtenstein. Based on this experience I am very comfortable with Dr. Lichtenstein.

April 20th, 2012

I would not recomend him.

April 7th, 2011

First visit. I found Dr. Lichtenstein to be very thorough and professional. I don't know about the follow-up yet or the diagnosis.

May 28th, 2010

Previous Patient

Watch out for this quack! He is a fell good Doctor and prescribes whatever you want. Once you tell them that it isn't right, the discharge you to get you out of their hair and don't become a liability!

April 19th, 2010

Steer clear of Dr. Jack Lichtenstein

Self absorbed and in serious trouble for narcotics over-prescribing. He constantly double books patients that can lead to over 2 hour waits on some days. In addition he allways up-codes my appointments (bills for 20 minutes appts when he only actually sees you for 5 minutes.) Not a superior docctor, he needs to retire.

September 26th, 2009

good doctor

September 7th, 2008

Never Again

Very hung-up on himself. He was very touchy-feely during initial exam...rubbing my shoulder, patting my arm in a condescending manner. No longer allowed to administer pain meds due to over-prescribing.

June 22nd, 2008

Careless, Unhelpful, Dangerous

Arrogant and pompous, he prescribed two medications for me that listed bad interactions... after ending up in the hospital for nearly a week all he had to say was "Sorry. Don't take any more of it." A pity there aren't more rheumatologists in the area; many folks are forced to tolerate this man's rudeness.

March 13th, 2017