Dr. Jack Mannheimer Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Jack Mannheimer?

One of your staff members would come home and talk about your patients. This is supposed to be confidential. my information was talked about also. Do you allow this kind of behavior with your staff ? If she would talk about this to me who else would she talk to ?

Posted on April 5th, 2017

Doctor Mannheimer. Your awsome ty ty ty

Posted on September 12th, 2016

He was a life saver when i thought i had no hope great doctor im rating him a 10 ty doc Mannheimer

Posted on August 9th, 2016

Will never see that man again.

Fed up!

Posted on July 13th, 2016

The doctor answer his phone during our 5 minute sessions more than I talk about myself. He has never updated my chart since I started seeing him over 6 years ago. He still asks me how I am handling situations that I had initially came to his office for 6 years ago, and it was no one or two serious issues or events in my life. Just general stuff. I called because my prescription never showed up in the mail and the receptionist told me that I can't talk to the doctor about what I should do if I go without and start to get withdraw symptoms. First she said he was at the hospital, than she said he was on vacation, and then she told me that I should go and check myself into the mental hospital for getting so worked up over medication. I have been only been on one continual medication in my entire life and it is the medication that the doctor put me on about 6 years ago. I get one script a month, have never asked for an increase, and have never taken more than the prescribed dose. Yet, here I am trying to ask what I am supposed to do if I run out, and I get treated like a psychotic drug addict. I have kids, if I am going to suffer withdraw symptoms it would be nice to know so I know what I am going to be up against while dropping my kids off at school/camp and doing a full day of work. I don't know, call me crazy (like the receptionist did) but I would like to know if there is a storm coming instead of being caught in the rain without shelter. I am almost positive this guy is just in it for the paycheck and is one of those crooked doctors that will give you whatever you want as long as he is getting paid. There is only one good thing I can say about this Joker, his West Mifflin office staff is amazing! The old bat at the St. Clair office is more bitter and rude than most people I have ever met.

Posted on March 5th, 2016

This doctor had my history taken by a therapists and popped into the room at the last minute only to suggest serious diagnosis based on five minutes of knowing me. And this was to write prescriptions! Also twice he insinuated with rude facial expressions that he thought I didn't know what I was talking about re: my own current meds which I've researched. Carefully. I walked out and will NEVER go back! Shady operation if you ask me!

Very rude and mean office staff

Posted on January 22nd, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Mannheimer for over 6 years. Each year has gotten progressively worse. Dr. Mannheimer is a good doctor for the most part - but that's only when you get to see him. I've never gone to an appointment and gotten right in. The wait is ALWAYS an hour or more. One time, I waited two hours and decided to leave. Not only is it VERY hard to get an appointment, you have to wait 6 months between each visit. I had an appointment scheduled this month, and when I called to get refills and to confirm my appointment, they told me that my appointment is not on the schedule, even though it was written on an appointment card from my last visit. Now I am waiting another 6 months. Calling for prescription refills brings on huge anxiety - which I'm trying to control. The office staff is EXTREMELY rude and unprofessional. Not just one admin - ALL OF THEM. They make mistakes constantly - like calling in refills to a pharmacy in which I haven't used for a year, even though I told them the correct pharmacy number when I initially called for the refill. They have said that I'm "not on the medication that I'm requesting" - even though I've been on it for eight months now. They are completely unorganized. They are rude and talk to you like they are the doctors and are the ones in control of your health and what prescriptions you should be taking, when, and how long. This office is a complete joke and I'm looking for another doctor today. I wonder if the doctor is aware of what is going on behind the scenes. He's probably retiring in the next few years and I wonder if he truly even cares. I don't think the admin staff understands that they are dealing with patients that have mental health issues, including anxiety disorders. They sound miserable on the phone- ALL THE TIME. They will never get a job when their current employer retires. I work in HR management for a major corporation and believe me, they are unemployable.

Posted on December 28th, 2014

Everyone is doing all they can to help me, and most importantly to UNDERSTAND ME! That in istelf, means the most to me. Thank You!

Posted on November 11th, 2014

I have been at patient at this practice for about 4 years now. I saw another doctor that was in the practice, but has left. I had some issues that arose almost 2 months before my first scheduled appointment with Dr Mannheimer. I called the office to make them aware and the receptionist called me back to inform me that He was taking me off an anxiety medication i had been on for 11 years. While i partially understand his reason for doing so, he did not prescribe me anything different. I called back and spoke to the receptionist to leave him a msg to ask if he could prescribe me something else as my Appointment wasnt for 6 weeks. I called back the next week because i never heard back. The receptionist told me very rudely that the doctor wouldnt call me anything in and they could not fit me in before my already scheduled appt and the best thing would be for me to just keep calling and see if there were cancellations.!!! I used to like going there, but i feel dr mannheimer was unprofessional and inconsiderate to my conditions. I will be looking for a new doctor!!!

Just dropped after 6 years

Posted on April 22nd, 2013

Dr. Mannheimer has just dropped my daughter as a patient after six years. My daughter is bipolar and struggles with dependency issues. She is not a easy case. She has been with Dr. Mannheimer through several crisis situations including an attempted suicide resulting in a week of intensive care. She was just released from a hospitalization and was dropped before she was to be seen for a follow-up. She has not been seen, and was in fact, refused a St. Clair Hospital discharge scheduled appointment. Dr. Mannheimer, via phone call, has refused to see her at all. His dismissal letter arrived today and gave no reason for any of this. It is important for all to know this and to remember it. It could happen again. If you are a mental heath patient, you understand all to well the complexity of a transfer of treatment and the often negative impact of a disruption in the care continuum. This is especially true immediately following a St. Clair hospitalization.

Great psychiatrist and staff

Posted on November 4th, 2011

Dr. Mannheimer is very concerned for my overall well being. He does a great job of listening and analyzing my issues. I have a very positive patient/physician understanding.

Posted on October 1st, 2011

Would not recommend him as a diagnostician.

Never, ever go here.

Posted on November 1st, 2010

Calling and making an appointment was easy, but I had to wait 5 months for the appointment itself. Speaking to or interacting with the office staff at either location is an experiment in terror. For a Psychiatrist, he employs the most uncaring, unprofessional front office staff (at BOTH offices), I have EVER experienced. They are downright mean. After checking in, I was informed that the doctor was running a little behind, which was ok with me, but after TWO HOURS of waiting, I was a bit mad. I spent a total of 13 minutes with the doctor himself (I timed the visit), I got my scripts and made an appt. with whom I chose for my individual therapy. Needless to say, I won't be following back up with that hellhole of an offce