Jack T Saltz MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Powder Springs, GA

April 15th, 2015
RUDE AND HORRIBLE DOCTOR! BEWARE...
Dr. Saltz is very rude and does not know how to treat patients. I broke out in shingles, emailed him for the medication needed and he called it in wrong. After the advice of my pharmacist, I contacted Dr.Saltz asking him to resend the prescription the way the pharmacist told me that it needed to be written, he wrote back the medication was not for shingles, I guess implying that I had herpes since that medication is only used for those two reasons. I corrected him and tools him to look up the mayo clinic and the dose required for shingles and he proceeded to spell out that if I was having post herpic pain that I didn't need that medicine and if I had an actual herpic break out to come in, again, implying that I had herpes.I explained that I just had surgery and couldn't drive and that is why I really didn't want to come in but if he insisted, ok and if the medication wasn't for shingles then why did he call or in on Monday?? Didn't make since. Noone got back to me to get me in and I was in extreme pain so ended up in immediate care where they confirmed SHINGLES on my left rib area and it was infected due to not being given the correct dose of medication so I had to be given an antibiotic also. I filed a complaint with Piedmont, the medical board and my insurance company. Do not go to this doctor. He also tried telling me a mole under my arm was a skin tag but that I needed to see a dermatologist asap. The mile is cancerous and needs to be surgically removed and hopefully that will take care of it.

March 3rd, 2015
patient
Now I know why so many people are sick and dying. When you meet with some doctors, you just sit and tell him /her about your situation. No tests are ordered first. Then a long list of prescriptions with pages of side effects including, may cause death. PEOPLE, start taking your health into your own hands, along with your Doctors. Do not let the doctors make all the decisions. Doctors are needed, YES, however some, not all, are experts at writing prescriptions. ALL prescriptions have SO many side effects, and some lead to death. Dietary changes are not even discuss. We need to stop putting Band aids on diseases, and find out what is the root cause. If i have a headache it is not because I am tylenol deficient. Something is causing the headache.DOCTORS GET TO KNOW THE CAUSE, AND START TREATING THE CAUSE , NOT THE SYMPTOMS. I used to work at a pharmacy, and I would see how one prescription, led to fifteen {I KID YOU NOT} because of just treating the side effects from all the prescriptions, which led to death. Its so sad. SO SAD. Standard American Diet. S.A.D

January 20th, 2014
Do not recommend
always is a hurry, due to his not very compassionate attitude, and sarcastic remarks Dr Saltz lost many patients, who decided to seek medical help with some other doctors . Follup-ups aver very poor. Do not recommend.