Dr. Jack Stern MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 1st, 2016
Construction Inspector
I traveled from Oklahoma to NY to have Dr. Stern & Dr. Neubardt perform my ACDF on my neck and couldn't be happier! I found them online and after watching all their videos and speaking with Dr. Neubardt.......it was a no brainer to decide to have this team do the surgery. Everything went just like in the videos......flew into NY on Wednesday, went into the White Plains Hospital Thursday morning at 9am, by 11am or so I was in surgery and back at the hotel in time for diner. The pain in my left shoulder and numbing down my left arm was gone!!!! I highly recommend the team of Dr. Stern & Dr. Neubardt if your thinking of having ACDF anytime soon......they are the best!!!!!

August 30th, 2016
You can't find Drs better than this !
Having suffered for 5 months with a cervical herniated disc and having exhausted all options to avoid surgery, I was blessed to have found both a neurosurgeon And an orthopedic surgeon that worked extremely well together to perform my surgery . I cannot say enough about Dr Jack Stern and Dr Seth Neubardt. Both men were so kind, compassionate ,patient ,skilled and reassuring .I was always seen on time for my visits or within 5 min of them . I spoke directly to the Drs post op when I had a concern which relieved my anxiety right away without waiting for a call back. My visits were never rushed they both answered questions in my terms . To add to this experience their assistants Allison and Juliette were also professional, knowledgable and reassuring. I would highly recommend this team !!! Check out their website it's amazing.

June 9th, 2016
Dr.Jack Stern and Team
I had 2 excellent experiences with Dr. Stern and his team-- operation #1 on lower back about 8 years ago and recently about 1 1/2 months ago for a disk replacement in neck c5/c6. Both times I was extremely satisfied with results and gave me back use of back/walking(operation #1) and use of left arm(operation #2) that i was on the verge of loosing. Dr.Stern and team act in concert as a well-honed machine who only go in these delicate procedures if they are sure they can help you.

December 10th, 2015
Dr. Stern made the experience of spine stabilization surgery much less scary then it sounded. He was warm and reassuring, professional and inspired great confidence. My result was amazing. i was in pain for over 20 years and had had four other surgeries with different surgeons. Dr. Stern and Dr. Neubardt saved me and I am extremely grateful.

April 30th, 2014
a discusion about spinal surgery
dr. stern after looking at my lumbar mri made me very comfortable in accepting the benefits of spinal surgery, and the risk/reward ratio. he took an extraordinary amount of time to make sure I understood all the details of what to expect after surgery,and he is more than pleasant to talk with. he is 6 stars in my opinion.

January 13th, 2014
Herniated Disc Operation
Both Dr. Stern and Dr. Newbardt were very knowledgeable and personable. They answered all of my questions on my initial visit as well as before and after my surgery. Their staff is beyond fantastic and on the ball. Even the Hospital Staff where my surgery was performed was wonderful. I highly recommend both Doctors if you are in need of a neuro-ortho surgeon. Excellent Doctors!!!

July 17th, 2013
Dr. Jack Stern along the Dr. Seth Nuebardt are two wonderful back surgeons. They recently fused 2 of my discs and I am completely without back pain. From the first appointment to my followup care, they could not have been more wonderful. After my first consult with Dr, Stern, I knew I was going to select them for my surgery. Their kindness, compassion, knowledge and skills could not be outdone anywhere. Even their office staff is kind and courteous. I would definitely recommend them, as they go above and beyond to make you relaxed and comfortable.

February 28th, 2013
Not only a Doctor but a Human Being!
At my first appointment with Dr. Stern he came into the treatment room with a big smile! He answered all of our questions about my back issues, showed us what was apparent on the MRI and offered the best course of action, surgery, for my condition. He took his time with us (my wife and I) and spoke to us like human beings. Some Doctors can be short in tone and condescending in their response. Juliet, Dr. Stern's surgical coordinator, is a dynamo! She also was very caring, easy to talk to and put us at ease. She would get right back to us if we left a message for her. I'm in the process of healing from my surgery about a month out now. I still have pain but know that is part of the process. I feel confident in Dr. Stern's ability that I referred my brother who has severe back problems to Dr. Stern.

March 14th, 2012
i found Dr. Stern and Neubardt on the internet and was nervous at first..After I met both of them I was extremely happy and felt i was in great hands. The surgery went beyond well and was up and back to myself within a week. I would highly recommend them. Their office staff Alison and Ellen were wonderful as well.

February 15th, 2012
He's a very caring man who truly wants to see you get better.

November 27th, 2011
Got my life back!
I lived with my pain for 2 years. Tried everything! Dr. Stern gave me my life back and now I take NOTHING for granted. I was afraid of the thought of spine surgery yet Dr. Stern and his staff helped put me complete ease and I am 100% healed.

November 15th, 2011
Dr. Jack Stern and Dr. Seth Neubart are an excellent team along with all that are associated with them.I had my surgery at WPH and was instantly relieved of the severe pain I was having for many months.The entire experience was professional and anxiety free from start to finish.I would recommend Dr. Jack and company to anyone who needs their services.