Dr. Jack Tohme MD Patient Reviews

July 15th, 2016
EXCELLENT
I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO FIND A BETTER DOCTOR THEN DOCTOR THOME

June 28th, 2016
Refused treatment for an issue with my daughter. Not even myself who is the patient.
His staff was disrespectful to me and my daughter. I see Dr. Shah, one of the endocrinologists at his practice. I was there to receive injections for my condition, when Dr. Thome came in and told my daughter and I to leave because my daughter was rude to his staff. This is completely unprofessional. Now I have to scramble to find a doctor who will provide this service to me and hope this wait time doesn't worsen my condition.

April 20th, 2016
Too long to wait.
Great MD if you don't mind waiting for two hours because he is 'busy taking care of patients who are dying'.

April 15th, 2016
The best around here
Dr. Thome's reputation, according to Dr.'s, is the best around. I wouldn't go to anyone else. I knew ahead of time that the wait in Dr. Thome's office can be three hours, and have heard that, occasionally, The Dr. who recommended him warned me of the waits. So I brought a yogurt and a good book, and waited about two hours, the first time. Then he spent close to 1/2 hour with me. Since then, the wait has been no more than 1/2 hour. Dr. Thome is simply the best endocrinologist around. The office is crowded, because they over-book, and he spends too much time with each patient. Unless you have a problem, the next visits are more perfunctory. His reputation is overwhelmingly excellent. I wouldn't go to anyone else for an endocrine problem.

January 5th, 2016
Arrogant. Don't go here!
I went to see this doctor for a second opinion. I brought with me my blood test results that were drawn three days before. He insisted that I have them done again. When I expressed hesitation because I was concerned the insurance company would not pay for two tests in the same week, Dr Tohme immediately became angry. He then abruptly brought me to the front desk and told the assistant to be sure I was charged for the full appointment. I have never been treated with so little respect by a doctor before. I would NEVER consider recommending this doctor. There are many other doctors in Bergen County who will treat you decently. I thought I was the only one he treated like this. I learned I wasn't after reading these reviews. There are many one star reviews by patients who don't appreciate his arrogant attitude.

August 13th, 2015
Very Upset and Disappointed
I had been seeing Dr. Tohme for many, many years. The last visit was the straw that broke the camel's back. Not only did I wait for 2 1/2 hours, he was obnoxious when I questioned him about it. A person who came in after me was seen before me and I asked him about it ,. He said that this man was a doctor and didn't have much time!!!! How rude!!!! AND Dr. Tohme did not even examine me - just looked at my chart. I will NEVER go back to him!!!

February 17th, 2015
Unless you have 3 hours to wait even if you see his associate Dr Froelich, then RUN, do not walk but RUN away from this office. There have been mutinies in this office because they overbook and patients have to wait hours upon hours for appointments made months in advance. Not worth it !!!!

October 7th, 2013
I was told to have a scan done before the appt and when ask about the copay for the scan, the office girl reassured me that I will not be charged a copay twice, once for the scan and another for the office visit, since the visits were so close. Then afterwards, only to get billed for it and be threaten to take it this lousy copay to collection. It's not cool to tell the patient one thing and do another thing. No more Dr. Tohme for me.

September 1st, 2012
I would highly recommend this Dr. He is caring, knowledgeable and took a long time with me. The office staff was wonderful. I was waiting for biopsy results and was very anxious about it. They called the lab for the results several times and called me later in the day with the results so that I didn't have to wait for the weekend.

July 28th, 2012
Great Doctor Horrendous waiting
Not unusual to wait 2 hours past your appoingmtnt

May 3rd, 2012
I went to see him twice to adjust my medicine. Very simple case.First time I waited in the office for an hour and a half, after examining me he gave me a prescription and told me to come back in 3 months for the blood test.After the blood test I made an appointment to hear the blood results that I found out already. I have waited for two and a half hours to see him. Not even the apology. After I told him that such a long wait is unacceptable he became very defensive and rood. I am not coming back.Meanwhile he did not even suggest a sonogram as I did not have done in over 10 years, which I did the following week at my regular doctor. Unfortunately she did find some problems. I wish Dr. Tohme was more thorough and not so concerned with putting the greater volume of patience thru the office. And the office staff was not very concerned that I was waiting for such a long time during my lunch break either.