Dr. Jackie Syme MD Patient Reviews

2.9
  • 11 reviews

May 7th, 2014
just ok
Dr syme is a very stright forword doctor and dont mess around I'v been going to him for 5 years and he has helped me very much but he can inprove on his bedside manners and also to come to work dressed like a doctor . Lucy has always been nice to me and will work hard to get you any help you need

November 26th, 2013
Heartless and full of drama
Dr Syme office is clean it's not a long wait and you don't need to worry about staying to long! That is the only good things I can say about this office. In the time I've been going to dr Syme I've been double charged on my appointments due to bad bookkeeping, I was once accused and frisked by dr Syme for his missing script booklet and he locked me and one other in his office and frisked us! He ended up realizing he closed it in his scheduling book, we received no apology and I have opened a case about it with the ethics! He also has and shows no compassion for his patients and you can expect to be thrown in a battle between him and his secretary. He also yells on the phone to his children and talks about his ex wife and their drama openly to his secretary as if you are not in the room. And I will also add he is not ethnic friendly, in the years I've been going to his office I have never seen any race other than white. And they are not compassionate to any personal matters, they will not reschedule or work with you in any way. In fact you should use caution with this doctor because if they have vacation or holidays they have been known to extend peoples visits 1-2 weeks later than what it should be and when you are in the pain management that is something you should never have happen to you due to with draws. This doctor doesn't have any good qualities beyond the old magazine clippings posted on his wall.

August 12th, 2013
Excellent Physician/Neurologist, extensive background (Clinical Neurophysiologists)
I was born with a very rare disease/tumor as well as undergone over 70 surgeries within my lifetime (head/face area). Dr. Syme has treated me throughout a period of time (last couple of yrs.) that literally has improved the quality of my life (significantly). Dr. Syme has taken the time throughout each visit to inquire about any recent infections/illnesses I may have gotten (I have an extremely weakened immune system), along with any other changes that might have occurred – this happens to be ongoing with my system due to my condition. Although I may have intermittent issues/problems with my health/condition, Dr. Syme has always remained on top of my condition and I believe also understands how important it is for me to remain productive (both with work and within my personal life). Throughout treatment, Dr. Syme has made a point to fully understand all facets of the disease I have lived with and the complications that have arisen because of my susceptibility to infections and other illnesses (some have been extremely severe at times). Finally, both Dr. Syme and his assistant have always addressed any/all issues I have had with regards to insurance or my treatment plan – superb and professional, always. This office operates with immense integrity. Anyone choosing to make an appt. with Dr. Syme should feel confident that they will be cared for with the same integrity and professionalism.

June 5th, 2013
First, in order to get an appointment, the referring physician office must fax referral and records, then the one staff member, will call you (sometime, who knows when?) to schedule your appointment. You can not take referral or call for appointment. Took 2 months for this process. Doctor refused medication that was used for previous 3 years, yet offered much stronger medication. There is no such thing as an emergency appointment at this office! No problem delaying your appointment until you have run out of medication. Doctor has no bedside manners and sits in office doing who knows what instead of seeing patient for 5 minute appointment. There are 2 staff members, doctor and receptionist. Neither of which care to help you. It's all about the money in this office. Office looks like an episode of hoarders as stated in previous reviews.

August 24th, 2012
you call him at doctor ?
i never go back anymore to this doctor , is easy to get apoiment but when you there the doctor he dont do anyting he just seat on hes office and make u wake after that talk to you for 8 to 10 mins and just dunno what medicine he go get you i back to the hospital cuz him , i just i have at migrane i have alot pain all do time and he never get me at good medicine .

August 23rd, 2012
Dr Report
Fast service. Helpful

July 12th, 2012
New Patient
I was referred by AAMedical Emergency doctor; physician sent me for tests and I followed his instructions and when I became ill during the testing, he wouldn't talk to me or offer a resolution. When I called his office to bring back films, I was told I couldn't see him for two weeks; pain and nausea prevented me from working and I was left to my own devices. Had to search for a new doctor, new tests, etc. so that I could find out what was going on in my head and get appropriate treatment. Didn't seem to have any remorse for patient. Not very good manners from physician or receptionist. Office was unkept and didn't give you a strong sense of organization or cleanliness.

July 8th, 2011
Horrible practice! One desk person as his entire staff. She is VERY rude and abrupt and he is a slob and very rude! He had food on his shirt every time I have gone there and the buttons on his shirt were ready to pop. Office is a mess and his 'exam' room doubles as storage. Don't go!!

December 20th, 2010
All about business
I'll admit Dr. Syme doesn't have the BEST bedside manner and he is very serious, straight laced and doesn't joke around with his patients; at least not with me. But all in all, he does his job well and does it professionally. I've only been seeing him for about 9 months and so far, I really don't have any complaints.As for the staff, I can see how someone might consider them to be unprofessional...but again, they are very serious and straight laced and all about business. I've never had them be nasty with me; as a matter of fact, I've had emergencies on a couple of occasions that I've called me away when my appointment is due to happen and they've squeeze me in without a problem. I personally would recommend Dr. Syme and his staff without reservation.

October 27th, 2010
VERY POOR SERVICE
The front office staff in this office are quite offensive ande rude, they are not willing to answer any questions on the phone, will scream at you and then hang up on you. If you are looking for a doctor that has some professionalism anywhere in their office then this is not the place for you. You have no ability to obtain your own medical records as they do not get them transcribed after the doctor has dictated his notes. It is very unfortunate that patients who are in need of a Neurologist in Maryland that they should ever get referred to Dr Syme for they will not receive proper care for any of their needs.

March 15th, 2010
I am really glad to have found Dr. Syme - he listens and gives honest feedback. He explains things without sounding pompous. He refers me to a specialist when he doesn't know an answer. I so very much appreciate his honesty.