Dr. Jacob Agamasu MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

December 14th, 2015
The doctor is fine. If you end up with him in the ER as we did you can be confident that you will be diagnosed and cared for properly. The problem is with the office and follow up care. The communication is severely lacking (between the two offices and between the office and the patient). Phone calls and faxes aren't returned or answered. Records don't seem to be managed in a timely and responsible manner. We were left hanging, our home nurse was left hanging, our pharmacist was left hanging. This is unacceptable when you're dealing with serious heart issues. While we truly thank Dr. Agamasu for his care in the hospital, we will not be using his services going forward.

October 17th, 2014
Unapproachable
My mother was admitted to the hospital in Sanford. During her stay, she had experienced chest pain and a consult with a cardiologist was ordered. To our misfortune Dr. Agamasu was called. He seemed angry that he was put on my mother's case and told our family it was up to us to decide what he should do for her since she was dumped on him by another physician. And yes he said "dumped on him". Unapproachable when asked questions and refused to answer them. He did not check on my mother after the procedures and test were completed and did not discuss the results with her or anyone else. What a disappointment as a medical "professional".

January 16th, 2012
Office Staff Should be Replaced
I had an appointment scheduled for an atrial septal defect with Dr. Agamasu but since I didn't receive any call from them to confirm the appointment, I decided to call the office. None of staff where able to find the appointment and they kept keeping me on hold. Then a spanish lady started asking me all the personal info that I gave them when I scheduled the appointment, she placed me on hold for the 3rd time and ended up hanging up the phone on me. When I kept calling back, I kept getting the answer machine even at 2PM. The doctor may be good but they need to replace their staff.

December 7th, 2009
Great Guy!
I have been seeing Dr Agamasu since I was 30 (for 2 years) for chest pains while I was exercising. He is very concerned about the well being of his patients and goes the distance to find out what is causing symptoms. They perform echos & nuclear stress testing on-site. There is usually a wait for your appointment, but the doctor is so good, it really is worth it. He seems to err on the side of additional testing, but will listen to his patients.