Dr. Jacob Amrani MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 16th, 2017
No fused discs
Dr Amrani told me at different times that I was to have L 4&5 fused. I was in horrible pain for one year after the surgery. Then I went to a real surgeon at Barrows and they didn't find any indication that any fusion had taken place. L 4&5 had no hardware that would have been found. I had the surgery perfomed and have had no problem since.

June 8th, 2016
I can't lie after seeing reviews I was hesitant about him doing my surgery so glad I followed my heart..He was caring and very professional..best experience

October 13th, 2015
Dr Armani is the worst experience I have ever had. I woke from surgery not feeling my legs, spent 2 weeks in rehab relearning to walk and now I am 42 and walk with a cane. I went to him with pain down my left side and woke with pain on both. My right side is now my weak side. He also became aloof and stopped responding to me. Telling me only that it was only from moving nerves around and would correct itself in a month or so. That was in 2010....

June 30th, 2015
scs implant
Bottom line is that he changed my life. I couldn't care less if he has good bed side manner, if his staff are the smartest, if it takes a week to get a follow up. He put in my scs and changed my life, when it quit working he put in a new battery. There was no let's do this and this, he just fixed it. That's what I want from my doctor, one to fix my problems, to take away the pain and that it what happened.

October 22nd, 2014
Dr Amrani is not a Dr I would recommend. He never once after surgery came in the hospital room to follow up with me ...not once. He wasn't willing to return to write out the needed medications to release me from the hospital stay after surgery. I was pawned off on another office for follow up visit. He rushes his patients thru appointments. would say steer clear of this rush fly by dr that could careless about his patients. Learned the hard way.

March 28th, 2013
Dr. Amrani did not like it when I would ask some questions about my procedure.He would not answer my questions. I did not like that, I was very uncomfortable with him from the first time I met him. He was very rude to my parents the first time I introduced them to him. He performed my spinal stimulator implant and months later I had a staph infection on my battery sight incision. He no longer be my orthopedic surgeon.

June 22nd, 2012
Great Dr.
Dr. Amrani has the needed skills to be a great neuro surgeon. Factual, to the point, no nonsense.

August 26th, 2011
After care and bedside manner need improvement.
I think Dr Amrani is very talented as a surgeon, but lacks camunication with his patience

July 17th, 2011
Good Dr.
Dr. Amrani did 3 surgeries on me one was from another Dr not noticing I needed more work done. I am sad that he is not in Wichita now I need more surgery and don't know who to go to now. I have not had any problems with him at all Very Good Doctor

March 20th, 2011
this DR is a jerk
I too fell victom to him in Wichita, KS. he has no bedside manner no personality. he even sneered at me when i wanted to shake his hand for operating on me he removed part of a disc form my back it reruptured 6 months later and he'd left town.

January 14th, 2011
Dr. Amrani paralyzed my mother
"Doctor" put too much cement in my mothers spine and paralyzed her left side from the breast down. Tried to blame the hospital's equipment. No longer able to practice in the Wichita, KS hospital, so he moved to Phoenix.

September 15th, 2010
Dr. Amrani has no bed side manner.
He was great prior to surgery; expained the surgery and went over my MRI with me. But that was the end of it. After surgery he barely had enough time to talk to me. He did not talk to my husband at all. Post op check ups he would not listen to my concerns. Would not do surgery with him again and beware.