inactive

Jacob J Baral MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology New York, NY

3.2

August 23rd, 2012
He cares more about making money
I saw Dr. Baral for a consultation and then for a followup. He was unable to diagnose my rash despite taking skin samples for lab tests. But this is not my main complaint. The doctor barely looked at me for a few minutes and did not give me a chance to ask my questions. I dealt mostly with his assistant/nurse. I felt like I was being rushed the entire time because they had booked so many other patients. The waiting room was quite full. This doctor just tries to maximize the number of patients he sees a day so he can make more money. As a result, the quality of the care that he provides is very disappointing.

March 24th, 2010
Doesn't Listen to Your Main Concerns
Saw this doctor for about 4 months last summer. On 1st meeting he came into the room and started evaluating on me for things other than why I had come in in the 1st place. On further visits I received treatment for acne and he didn't ask any questions or give me any options- just started injecting my face with shots w/o explaining what they were. Also started trying to treat me for dry skin which I don't really care about and on top of that insisted that I by his own line of very expensive sunblock. Also billing was a nightmare, I had requested that they send me a bill in writing on several occasions- the amount owed kept changing when I called to check over the phone and it took forever to get the bill in writing. I don't recommend unless you like VERY old school doctors who treat you like a test specimen and don't include you in your own treatment process.

March 17th, 2010
I love this guy! Respects my time, respects my intelligence and fixed my problem where other doctors waffled.

June 18th, 2009
Very annoying experience
While this doctor does seem to know his specialty, dealing with him was such a pain that I won't return. He doesn't listen to you. He asks a question, but if you try to expand on anything beyond a brief answer to his question, he interrupts and cuts you off. And he's difficult to understand. On each of three visits, he spent very little time with me. And perhaps worst of all, he seemed more interested in having me coming back every two weeks (for a test here and a test there, to tweak prescriptions, etc) than actually giving me treatment and prescriptions that would manage my problem. I don't intend to visit a specialist every two weeks for the rest of my life -- gets a little expensive and impacts work. Billing was a pain, and on one of the three visits, the wait was very unacceptably long. I do not recommend this doctor.

November 5th, 2008
All doctors should be this good
I love Dr Baral! He has an old school charm and is the most efficient doctor I hhave ever visited. I have never had to wait in his waiting room and he doesn't waste my valuable time. He is methodical in his examination and diagnosis (doesn't jump to conclusions but when he identified my problem he nailed it quickly (2 other doctors did not!). If you need a dermatologist in NYC, you can't go past Dr B!

October 24th, 2008
Terrible
He spent, like, 2 minutes with me, and did not listen to anything I had to say about my condition, let alone my individual needs and preferences. The procedure he recommended actually made things much worse. Be nice to yourself, choose another dermatologist.

May 20th, 2008
little old man
he rushed the consultation i couldn t really understand him he didn t really helped me