Dr. Jacob Blake Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jacob Blake?

August 6th, 2016

Misled about procedure

I consulted with Dr. Blake before scheduling a Cervical Medial Branch Block. I was very concerned about my pain/anxiety issues. He explained he could not fully sedate me but give me a light sedation. When he arrived at Surgery Center, I was then told that there would be no sedation, but it wouldn't be that painful. Well, the pain was excruciating beyond belief and the entire procedure was aborted. He then walked out and stated rudely that I could reschedule to discuss further options. I was completely misled which has resulted in major depression.

March 25th, 2016

Accused of using cocaine and fired as a patient!

Dr. Blake is a very nice Doctor, but I felt that my thoughts and concerns weren't heard. I feel that he wants to do procedures as soon as you step in the office and pushes expensive medication. I've been in chronic pain for 9 years following a car accident and have been taking pain medication to get through it for about 7 years. The first thing Dr. Blake wanted to do is put me on Suboxone. This is a drug to get you off pain medication. I was nervous but I tried it for 2 months. I was in so much pain! I was told the pain medication was causing my pain, but once on Suboxone my pain would get better. The Suboxone increased my pain and I gained 30 lbs.! He took of the Suboxone temporally to try a procedure and put me back on a lower pain medication and not what helped me previously. On my next appointment I saw his nurse practitioner Ashlie and I was required to take a drug test. It came back positive for cocaine! I've never used cocaine! I couldn't understand how I was being accused of using a drug that I never used! Ashlie called me and told me that Dr. Blake doesn't want to see me anymore; I was being fired as a patient! To make matters worse my next prescription refill was due in a few days and they would be leaving me to go off my pain medication cold turkey!!! I did some research and found out that some numbing medication that ENT doctors use has a small amount of cocaine in it, and I had just saw my ENT Doctor two days prior from the drug test for chronic sinusitis! I had even told Ashlie about seeing this ENT Doctor, and that he sprayed something in my nose to numb it before using a scope to look inside! I told her that I was going to need surgery and we went over the best plan of action for this. After all this I was still accused of using cocaine! I asked her to please talk to my ENT Doctor and see if he did use something with cocaine in it. Finally she calls me back and tells me that he did use something with cocaine to numb my nose and that I could pick up my prescriptions at the front desk. They never even thought for a second that it could have been related! They were just way to quick to judge me and fire me as a patient! You can't imagine how horrible this made me feel! I was so hurt and upset. After all was said and done they didn't even apologize to me! I don't think they care about their patients! We are just numbers and money to them.

February 20th, 2016

Patient

My biggest complaint is the absolute lack of a follow-up visit. After not hearing from his office for several days after the procedure I called to see if one was necessary - office staff left me hanging on the phone until it went dead and never called back...so, neither did I.

April 19th, 2014

Attentive and thoughtful. Thorough explanation of the procedure. Highly recommended.

January 30th, 2012

I got incredible service and the benefit of skilled hands.The entire staff is great.

September 26th, 2017