A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jacob Handszer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jacob Handszer is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jacob Handszer, MD is board certified in Anesthesiology and Anesthesiology - Pain Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Back Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Cancer Pain; Chronic Back Pain; Leg Pain; Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS); Painful Neuropathy
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Leg Pain
- Painful Neuropathy
- invasive pain management
Education & Awards
Dr. Handszer graduated from New York Medical College, Valhalla. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Handszer has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Nyack Hospital
- Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Handszer accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 44 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Jacob Handszer practice?
Dr. Jacob Handszer practices Anesthesiology, Pain Medicine, Pain Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Pain Medicine, and Pain Medicine near Carmel, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Newburgh, NY and Mount Kisco, NY.
See Carmel Anesthesiologists, Carmel Pain Management Doctors, Carmel Obstetricians & Gynecologists, Carmel Neurologists, and Carmel Physiatrists.